“Delicious and fantastic service and view!!”
Review of Fluke Newport

Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Banisters Wharf & America's Cup Ave
Transit: Bowen's Wharf
Description: Our menu of snacks, small and large plates changes daily, capturing the best seasonal ingredients. Enjoy scenic views on historic Bannister's Wharf. Award winning cocktails and wine list.
Reviewed 18 July 2017

We had set a reservation for 8:30pm on a Friday evening, thinking our boat tour beforehand would take longer, but we ended up getting there somewhat early. When we arrived, both the hostess and what I think was the manager or owner were very friendly, tried quickly to see if they could accomodate us early, and offered us the option to sit at the bar. Since we hadn't really explored the pier, we opted to come back at our reservation time. When we did, they were ready for us exactly on time, and offered to seat us at the window if we wanted to wait just a minute. We did, because it was such an awesome view. The service was impeccable and the owner/manager checked on us twice - we had the Planalto wine, the shellfish soup, the pear and blue cheese salad, the crab cakes, the skate, and the linguine with shrimp - finished off with the goat's cheesecake and a glass of tawny port. Everything was cooked to perfection and seasoned very well. Wonderful experience with awesome service in a beautiful setting - highly HIGHLY recommend!!!

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

The food was great, people around me seemed to love the cocktails. The wine by the glass list was just ok. Service was excellent, would definitely return.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I made an Opentable reservation for a week night at Fluke, had no issues getting in even when we ran a little late. By the way, the third floor window view of Newport and Bowen's Wharf was amazing, highly recommend it. Service was friendly, a little slow at first but the waitress had such a good knowledge of every dish on the menu, it really made for a great experience.
Oysters Rockefeller is one of my favorite dishes and Fluke is right up there with the best I've ever had. If I could've ordered a meal of them, I might have. I got the Black Sea Bass, which was fantastic. It was spicy, the kind that leaves a light burn in your mouth but there's so much flavor. My girlfriend got the scallops, which were some of the best cooked scallops I've tried and the sauce was delicious. Fluke also has a great cocktail and wine list, with some of the best selections in Newport.
I'm really looking forward to go back to Fluke and try a few more dishes and it could be close to being one of my favorite restaurant experiences in Rhode Island!

1  Thank Justin P
Reviewed 5 July 2017

We were recommended by the B&B and although Newport is a pricey place, it was more expensive than we envisaged. The food was very good but we were on the floor below the bar and it was quite empty when we eating so didn't have much atmosphere. I've given the review 4* because we enjoyed the food but not sure I would return if ever in Newport.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Had a great experience with my family at Fluke the other night. The food was great, view was great and service was excellent. Pastrami spiced skate was unique and exceptional. Spicy shrimp appetizer was fantastic and the small bites we had to start were fresh and simple. Above all else, they were super accommodating to my 6 year old twins and friendly (whoever said this isn't a kid friendly restaurant doesn't quite get what that should mean) to everyone in our party.

We were lucky, though, to be placed on the main floor of the restaurant as the third floor was a hot box. Poor ventilation or broken A/C...not sure what, but that would have changed the experience after a long day. But, we were lucky and so it was great. Highly recommend.

Been to Fluke Newport? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK