“Another Wonderful Stay at The Inns of Newport”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Inns of Newport

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newport
Inns of Newport
Ranked #41 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts, United States
“Another Wonderful Stay at The Inns of Newport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

In my opinion - this is one of the hidden gems of Newport. It is a clean, cozy place to stay with a friendly attentive staff. Rick and Jeff are excellent hosts and are helpful with any questions you may have regarding the city, restaurants, attractions etc. They also serve up you up a warm hearty breakfast in their nicely restored Bed and Breakfast Inns... My wife and I have stayed at "The Clarkeston" several times now and plan going back again soon...and it's about two blocks from the waterfront.

Jim and Heather, Shrewsbury, MA

Room Tip: No pool, but nice Jacuzzi's available with some rooms... good rates for mid-week deals...weekend...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

Stayed with Rick at the Admiral Farragut a few years back. Wanted to make a reservation for this June. As their website does not allow for online reservations I emailed. Got one response asking me to call. Tried that numerous times, one time Rick actually took my number and offered a call back cause he was busy. Needless to say the call was never returned and my emails go unanswered. Not my idea of customer service, staying somwhere else!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gary H
BigMamaNewport, Owner at Inns of Newport, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Gary H:
It is our policy to answer every email and phone call on a timely basis. I apologize for your inconvenience and thank you for letting us know that we need to work harder in this area. We would like to offer you a free night's stay. Please call us at 800-524-1386 and talk to me personally so we can get your full name and information to put on file for a complimentary future night stay. Rick Farrick
Bar Harbor, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I phoned on short notice Rick on the suggestion of a friend. If you think that customer service is dead, think again. The staff is probably the most accomodating that I have come across in recent memory. Our needs were anticipated, and taken care of. The location is exteremly convinient to all of downtown business and shops, yet off the beaten path. Our room was very comfortable, and we slept very well. When next in Newport, I know where I will stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
north reading
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

The first week of December I planned a girls trip to Newport to view the mansions. We stay at the Clarkeston Inn. What a beautiful Inn!!! All the Charm of Newport, all in walking distance to the shops, restaurants, and waterfront. Each room decorated differently, with fresh, classic New England style, warm and welcoming. Rick, the owner, was awesome, always there to suggest restaurants and places to see. Eight of us went and had a wonderful time!! I would highly recommend not only this Inn, but the others he operates as well. We are planning a return trip this spring, and I am going back this winter with my husband!!

Room Tip: Just let Rick know your needs!! He had twin rooms and Doubles to King!!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

My wife a I have stayed many times and never have any complaints. The staff is always friendly and accomidating. Easy walk to Thames st. and restaurants. We really enjoy our stays here and will be back for many future stays.

• Stayed April 2011