See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 July 2015

We absolutely loved this BnB. Highlight of our vacation. Big rooms,lovely bed,awesome jacuzzi tub and very centrally located! We would definitely stay here again on our next trip. Breakfast was yummy

Stayed: July 2015
1  Thank Ellenandmike8524
Reviewed 3 July 2015

My wife and I spent two nights in the at the Admiral Farragut Inn and had a wonderful time. The Inn complex is located in a perfect spot for walking to all the neat places in the heart of Newport. We did not have to move our car once we arrived and were able to walk everywhere. The people working at the inn, including the owner were very courteous and accommodating of our needs and many questions. Our room on the second floor was pleasant and quite. The inn is comprised of several early buildings and has the old colonial charm that fits into Newport. They had coffee available early, for those of us that got up with the sun.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rocketman1299
Reviewed 29 June 2015

My wife and I spent two nights in the Cleveland House of the Admiral Farragut Inn. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay as the staff was very courteous attending to our needs and answering any questions we had about getting around Newport. We had a nice room on the second floor with a comfortable king-size bed and spacious bathroom. Although the free parking was crowded at times, accomodations were made to park our car near the inn. The free breakfast was welcome as we did not have to venture out to dine. With so much to see and do in Newport, we plan to stay at the Farragut Inn on our return trip.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DJCeltics
Reviewed 14 June 2015

Upon arriving to the hotel we were given the choice of two rooms. We chose the one with the larger bathroom. The owner was very nice and accommodating. There is a door that is scraped and not painted but it looks like it belongs with the building. The building is old and if it was my hotel I would keep it without the paint. The room was clean and overall I slept well. The breakfast downstairs was superb. We were treated very well by the staff. I would say that overall it was a good experience.

Room Tip: Ask the owner what rooms he would recommend.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2014

Rough week, wife and I decided we had to get away. A quick check of TA and the decision was made to head south to Newport, RI. A quick call to the Admiral Farragut Inn put me in touch with Rick.
Rick immediately struck me as a straightforward, down to earth person. He explained what they had available, made some recommendations and the room was booked. Later on that evening I was reading some of the previous reviews on TA, which got me a little concerned, as some were pretty rough. Upon our arrival we were met by a great staff, we checked in very early, which was not a problem, they offered us breakfast that was still being served. I read in the previous reviews that parking was tight, if you have never been to an area which was built in the early part of the 1700s you need to understand that the roads were not made to accommodate modern vehicles, as such, yes the roads are tight but there is ample parking behind the Inn. We were shown our room, which was in the Clarkeston Inn, this is directly across the street from where you check in. I found this to be the quaint part, it seems there are numerous houses you can stay in and they all located in very close proximately. Our room was very large with a king sized bed adorned with lace canopy, private bath and a fireplace. People need to understand you are staying in a Inn which was built in the 1700s so it is not HoJo's, the room was clean, the bed was wonderful. The Inn is very close to everything, you can walk to most areas within 5 mins, unless you wish go to the mansions or out to Ocean Drive. During the two days we there, the staff was great and very attentive. It is obvious that staff is in the hospitality business; they will do whatever it takes to ensure you have a great stay. We will be back soon.

Room Tip: Call the Inn and explain what you are looking for, they are very knowledgeable and will help you pick the right room.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple