“Restaurant Bouchard is the epitome of fine dining”

Restaurant Bouchard
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Bouchard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 243 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 40
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Bouchard Restaurant, a warm relaxed ambiance and gracious welcome signals your arrival. The restaurant serves fine French cuisine in a 1785 Georgian-style house.
Reviewed 13 April 2012

The most phenomenal dinner of my life! From the quaint dining room, impeccable yet unstuffy service from our waiter, the well-chosen wine list & ultimately the food. The menu offerings are well-chosen & feature items such as Foie Gras w/a Raspberry Sauce, Beef Carpaccio w/Truffle Oil, Duck w/Coffee Crust, Lobster St. Jacques & Grand Marnier Soufflé. Food was expertly prepared & presented. Finally, a chef who understands sauces shouldn't mask but enhance. Our waiter, Dan, assisted in great recommendations to pair wine by the glass with food since we both ordered different items and wanted to have wine to complement. Dan offered to have me taste my wine to see if it was what I would enjoy. I did. Because I contacted the restaurant in advance to say my dinner reservation was a birthday celebration, they presented the souffle to him with a candle & wrote Happy Birthday on the plate in French. Then to our delight we were each given a celebratory flute of champagne. We told Dan how much we appreciated his good service and the phenominal food & to tell the chef. We were honored to be invited into the kitchen to meet Chef Albert to tell him personally & also met his wife, Susan, who greeted us upon arrival but we didn't know she was an owner We were very happy toChef & Susan it was the best meal & dining experience we ever had They were very gracious & appreciative to us. I hugged Dan upon leaving because he was so wonderful to us. We now have fond memories of celebrating his birthday and how special this restaurant is. We cannot wait to return. In sum, Restaurant Bouchard is submlime and the epitome of fine dining.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

OMG, I would drive back to Newport (over 2.5 hours) just to have dinner at Bouchard again. It was Restaurant Week when my friend and I visited Newport, and Bouchard was offering a special $30 three-course menu. But the food and service were so amazing, we would have paid full price. I can't say enough nice things about Bouchard. The restaurant itself is charming, very intimate; the service was gracious (really appreciated that our waiter, Chris, let me sample the two Pinot Noirs, so I could choose) and well paced; and the food divine. A great overall experience.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

Besides the warm greeting,attentive staff and sensational food I was even more impressed when the owner called me via my cell to inform me & my guests of a slight seating delay. She asked if this would be a problem (it wasn't) and assured me that it would only amount to a 15 minute delay in seating. That is what you can expect of the professionalism displayed here and that was prior to our arrival. We closed the place and were never hurried out the door at any point. Be prepared to pay for the experience but expect it will be one to remmeber.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

The food is overpriced. Not bad, but also not amazing, which it should be for what you pay. Portions are very small, even for fine dining standards. Service was good but slow.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I went to Bouchard with my boss and two other coworkers to have dinner during restaurant week. The restaurant looks like my grand mother's house - furniture and ambiance from the 1960s. The menu was interesting - traditional French. The food was good (nothing special). The presentation of the dishes, however, was from the 1970/80s. If the purpose of the owners/managers is to recreate authentic French atmosphere from that time period, it is a success. But I doubt it. I bet the chef went to France, learned how to cook traditional French dishes and HAS NOT changed anything since 1980... Restaurant Bouchard would be an average restaurant in NYC, Chicago or Montreal. Without real competition here, it is overrated and overpriced. Not to mention that a place like that will have a hard time to survive in any major French city... I do not plan to return to that restaurant any time soon.

3  Thank Steven A

Been to Restaurant Bouchard? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK