“Great restaurant!”

22 Bowen's Wine Bar & Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
22 Bowen's Wine Bar & Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 257 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: America
Description: Located amidst bustling Bowen’s Wharf in the heart of downtown Newport, 22 Bowen’s Wine Bar & Grille is a world-class steakhouse serving USDA Prime beef, New England's finest seafood, and is complemented by an award-winning wine list. We look forward to having you experience one of Newport’s best.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked a table during a Labor weekend to have dinner with my family and I had to say that I like this place a lot! The food was great, yet the service was a little bit slow, but it did not ruin my evening. It was really busy, so that explained why it was a little bit slow, but I had great company and the atmosphere of the place was great, so it did not even bother us. We had a table on the second floor overlooking the bay! I ordered a swordfish and it was delicious. I would recommend this place!

Michael D, General Manager at 22 Bowen's Wine Bar & Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear stya8,
Thank you for joining us and I am glad you enjoyed. I'm happy to hear we earned your recommendation too. We appreciate the review and ope we can see you again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I had dinner at 22 Bowens and had a very nice experience.

She ordered the center cut filet mignon that melted in her mouth. I ordered the swordfish and although slightly over cooked was still delicious.

For sides I ordered the field greens salad with their house vinigaret and it was delicious. She had the mashed potatoes and they were good also.

A word of caution is that their sides are really big big so order with the intent to share.

We shared a bottle of Cakebread sauvignon blanc which is always good.

We finished with the 3 scoops of ice cream and 2 ports.

Mmmmmm

Dear imcookn,
I am happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your visit with us. We always like to serve up a good meal. Thank you for sharing your review and hope you come back again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped in during the busy Newport International Boat Show on a hot afternoon. Basically was looking to get out of the sun for a bit and grab a drink but the menu looked too good to pass up. Although we didn’t have a reservation we had a quick wait and sat upstairs on the outdoor deck where we had a great view and a cool breeze. Very large menu, great wine and beer selection. Donna our waitress was wonderful seamlessly working our section like a pro. Service was first rate and paced accordingly. We had the wonderful lamb burger and are looking forward to coming back for dinner soon. The upstairs inside area looks like a high end steak house, dark and cozy and the downstairs is lots of open air and patio dining. We’ll be back !

Dear Goldie_in_Mass,
Thank you for joining us during the Boat Show. We are always a great place to stop to get out of the sun, but happy to hear our menu got you to stay a little longer. Glad you enjoyed and happy to know that our service was worth mentioning too. We appreciate the review and hope we get to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food is very good service is a little slow but enjoyed being outdoor and watching the tour boats coming and going

Thank you for joining us RMM49 and glad you enjoyed. Hope you can come back and join us again.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I came here for lunch one afternoon this summer. The food was definitely good, although pricey. I know it's Newport, but I think a lot of the restaurants here price gouge given the amount of food they are serving, the actual SERVICE and the quality. We had oysters and a few drinks and shared a sandwich. All of it was good, nothing to complain about there. However, the service was really lacking. I know it was lunch time and it was peak season in Newport, but being busy is not a good excused for bad service. Out waitress walked past us MULTIPLE times without event acknowledging us. We waited over an hour for our lunch to be served with no updates at all every time she walked by us. When we were ready for the check we waited another 20 minutes just to get her over to the table.

Dear S46MACKY,
Thank you for leaving a review and while I am happy to hear you enjoyed our food, I am dismayed to hear that you did not find our service to be better. We strive to provide exceptional food and service every day and never like to know that a guest left feeling we did not exceed their expectations. I apologize that you did not see the best of what we do and can only hope that if you were to ever return, we could deliver the quality experience we built our reputation upon. Thank you for sharing your feedback.