“Great Cup of Coffee and Tasty Baked Goods!”
Review of A Little Cafe

A Little Cafe
Ranked #141 of 244 Restaurants in Newport
Description: Eclectic menu for breakfast and lunch. Home made muffins, soups and luncheon specials.
Reviewed 9 June 2016

The sign out front reads kelle's Cafe. I stopped in because I drove by it several times while I was in Newport for a conference. It's located just off the highway and close proximity to 138 West. I stopped in because I wanted a cup of coffee and a muffin or bagel before my long drive back to NJ. Perfect location! Quick in and out and away from the drama.

I had a great cup of Swiss Chocolate Almond coffee, a very fresh baked blueberry corn muffin, and a very fresh cinnamon raisin bagel. I'm a coffee snob so I can tell you this was a very tasty cup of joe. The woman behind the counter was very pleasant. There were several small tables to sit as well. I'm glad I stopped in to support a local business and not a chain.

If you want a great cup of coffee and some really nice baked goods before you get on the road, stop in. Come to think about it, stop by even if you aren't getting on the road. I'll be back!

Reviewed 18 July 2015 via mobile

I work near here and have had lunch here many a time and it never disappoints. Besides a very good lunch they also do breakfast sandwiches well.

Get the tuna salad sandwich and also try their specials. The specials are usually very good.

Parking can be tough, so be prepared.

Reviewed 7 January 2015

Kelle's "A little Cafe" has been a go-to for breakfast and/or lunch for many years now. Our latest visit to Newport would not have been complete without another visit. The fresh bagels and pastries are favorites of our grandchildren and the breakfast sandwiches are always enjoyed by our kids. We always look forward to Kelle's home made soups and her luncheon specials like the "Mousetrap" and her "Turkey Rueben." This trip I tried the Roast Beef sandwich garnished with her special horseradish mayo and was not at all surprised at how delicious it was. In all the years that we've traveled to Newport and been going to A Little Cafe, we've never, ever been disappointed. A true gem in in town with so many great restaurants.

Reviewed 17 October 2014 via mobile

Excellent pastry and good coffee. Would like to come back for sandwiches. A little out of town but easy to find. Small but comfy dining area.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stumbled upon Kellie's "A Little Cafe" trying to find a place for a quick, but good, breakfast on our way out for a day at the Cape. We found this place on yelp, and since it was on our way (near the bridge) we decided to give it a try. SO happy we did!

This is not a full service breakfast place. It's primarily a catering place, but they have a little cafe in the front and in the mornings they have pastries and they'll make you breakfast sandwiches on various breads or bagels. In the afternoon they do sandwiches and wraps. The menu is simple, but honestly, when traveling I like having it simple. So - we all order breakfast sandwiches on bagels - eggs and cheese, then one of us had bacon, one had sausage, and one had ham. Kellie was very happy to substitute the standard American cheese they use on the sandwiches for cheddar for all of us. They have a cooler with drinks in it, so we all just grabbed a Nantucket Nectar. They have about 10 tables for seating if you are so inclined, which we were, but we saw quite a line of people (locals, it seemed) coming in for "to go" sandwiches.

DELICIOUS!!!!! Seriously, one of the best breakfast sandwiches we've eaten outside of our own kitchen. So fresh, so tasty, and the perfect thing for our pre-Cape Cod-trip. The bagel was perfect - a little crisp on the outside, toasty, a bit of chew but not too much - and all ingredients were well prepared. We were SO happy. We will most definitely visit them again. Next time we'll have to try their wraps.