“pastry heaven”

Ranked #5 of 253 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 8
Cuisines: European, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Chef / Owners Matt & Anna Tscheulin welcome you to visit Rosemary & Thyme , a small artisan style bakery and cafe located in historic downtown Newport, R.I. All our baked goods , pasteries, soups , salads, and atisan sandwiches are scratch made daily in our kitchen . All daily leftovers are donated to our local food pantry. We invite you to spend some time with us
Reviewed 30 July 2015

every year we go to Newport, and every year we plan to get up early on saturday so we can get fresh, light, true french pastry. If you don"t get up early, you will not have many choices as this is a tiny shop and they only make so much of each croissant/tart/danish. The sandwiches are also very delicious, but again, get there early or you will be waiting.
I would give this place 5 stars, but their muffins are heavy and dense.

2  Thank tsrlmom

Reviewed 29 July 2015

delicious but be sure to come or order early. waits can be up to two hours in the summer. Check the opening times

Reviewed 28 July 2015

Wow these sandwiches are amazing! Creative, yet classic with fresh ingredients. The place is cozy and quaint with friendly service. There isn't much seating, but you can easily take this to go and have a picnic or patiently wait for a seat. Loved this place!

Reviewed 27 July 2015

I had the Pear and Brie sandwich for lunch, it was probably the best sandwich I had in the longest time. Not only it was tasty and very different at the same time, it was also presented beautifully and the service was very good.

2  Thank Kathy V
Reviewed 24 July 2015

Several reviewers claims this cafe served excellent scones. In a word, yes. Among the best I have ever had. I also liked the chocolate/banana muffin with a bit of bourbon mixed in. I visited at 10 AM and much of the day's offerings were sold out, so go early. I wish i could have tried their Canadian bacon croissant, but alas, maybe next time. Good coffee and tea selection as well. Self service of mostly finger food but worth finding.

Tiny inside, with maybe seating for 12 or so. Even less starting outside.

1  Thank 31,42,013