“We did it!!”
Review of Segway of Newport

Segway of Newport
Ranked #20 of 56 Tours in Newport
More attraction details
Owner description: Segway of Newport offers tours of Newport, RI on a Segway PT! Experience all Newport has to offer while gliding effortless on this electric transportation. No experience required, just a driver's license and the ability to have a great time! We are now renting electric bikes and pedal bikes. Stop in and see our new location on Lower Thames Street.
Madison, Mississippi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“We did it!!”
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Two 70 year olds on segways --- Can you picture that? Well, I can say we did it and would do it again if we get the chance. The two teachers were very patient -- we signed our waivers, put on our helmets and proceeded to learn how to ride. We practiced in a drive way using cones as obstacles to learn to turn correctly. I was a little nervous about riding in traffic but was told that the people of Newport are familiar with the segway groups and watch out for you. This definitely was the case. If we came to a stop sign -- when it was clear to go -- the nice residents let us all get through the stop sign before they continued. The streets that we rode on were nice and wide so lots of room for both the cars and us and our wonderful leader kept an eye on us the whole time -- leading up but watching us in her rear view mirror. The speed of the group is determined by the person who was most unsure - that would be me-- but once we got started, my confidence grew so I think that our speed was OK -- the maximum speed is 12 MPH and I think we covered about 10- 12 miles throughout Newport. Give it a try. What have you got to lose?

1 Thank Gram41
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Gainesville, VA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“This is a must!!!”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This was a great time. I wanted to take the cliff walk tour, but it was not available. The tour I took was just a good. It was a cold afternoon, but I had a great time. We went all over town. The tour guide was fantastic, and was very informative.

I will take a Segway tour wherever I go! I would highly recommend this tour to anyone.

Watertown, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Supurb!!!!”
Reviewed 25 October 2011

After getting great instructions from Andrew on how to "drive" the Segway, we started on our Mansion Tour. Jenna gave us her hand motion instructions and off we went slow, faster, left, right, miss the bumps and storm grates and stop for mansion information. I would suggest to anyone going to Newport to take this tour.

1 Thank 123Randy
Maryland
“Very exhilerating and fun”
Reviewed 25 October 2011

The tour was wonderful. Our guide, Leslie was very informative and helpful.

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT WAY TO SPEND THE DAY IN NEWPORT”
Reviewed 25 October 2011

The tour guide had a fantastic personality and made the tour a lot of fun. I think his name was Andrew. My husband and I had never used a Segway before, and learned that once you get used to them, they are a LOT of fun. I would definitely do this again and highly recommend it!