All reviewscarriage housecookiescontinental breakfastrooftop deckthe main housebagelsfree parkingfirst floorcozy roomthe breakfast areanight's sleepnice breakfastlocated within walking distancefour poster bedlocation was perfectthames streetmansion tour
Reviewed 31 October 2017

Stayed for one night but would have loved to stay longer. Laura made us feel very welcome, was very friendly and helpful. The room was great with such character and a four poster bed! Loved the whole decoration of the place.
The continental breakfast was very good. Fresh porridge, freshly baked croissants brought to our table, great coffee and a very friendly person doing all that. I didn’t catch her name but she made the stay extra special. Would recommend the Inn to anyone wanting a place with character and old world charm.
The location is great, close to the Old Town and the waterfront.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mark75003
Reviewed 26 October 2017

My husband and I stayed at the Yankee Peddler Inn for our honeymoon last year and loved it so much we came back for our anniversary this year. Our room was beautiful and clean. The bed was very comfortable. We had a complimentary bottle of wine, chocolates, and 2 free passes to ride the Rum Runner waiting in our room. The manager, Laura, was very professional and very nice. She made us feel right at home. They have a lovely roof porch with a beautiful view that we enjoyed relaxing on at night. The complimentary breakfast was excellent. We would absolutely recommended staying here if you're in Newport, RI.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

In September I had the good fortune to be able to stay at the Yankee Peddler Inn. It was mid week and I had my 2 year old grandchild with me. The entire staff could not have been more accomadating to us. There were other small children there and I was so impressed by the managers Laura's calm nature with so much going on. The breakfast was wonderful and though Im allergic to gluten, She provided me a gluten free bagel and a little pouch for the toster so it would not get cross contaminated. I loved all the attention to detail, from the quant breakfast area with small vases of flowers and a very helpful Felisha, who saw to our every need, to the rooftop garden deck. The bathroom was sparkling with nice soaps and fresh clean towels. So happy I stayed here. A very special memory for my grandson and I.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

This is our eleventh year going to Newport. And I believe it was our fourth time staying at the Yankee Peddler Inn. We usually stay in Room 3 with another couple because it's a spacious two bedroom suite. But we were alone this year and stayed in Room 15 in the Cottage House. Both are very clean and well maintained. The inn offers a continental breakfast every morning and a wine and cheese happy hour from 5:00-7:00pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
Saturday night we went back to the inn around 5:30 for happy hour, but there wasn't any wine or cheese put out for the guests. We didn't think much of it and went back to our room to get ready for dinner. My wife was talking with the innkeeper the following morning and mentioned to her that there wasn't any wine for happy hour. The innkeeper was glad that she made her aware of it. She also told her that we spent our honeymoon in Newport eleven years ago and we've been coming back every year to celebrate our anniversary. When we arrived back to our room Saturday night, there were two bottles of wine and a box of truffles on the bed with a card wishing us a Happy Anniversary from the Yankee Peddler Inn. We were very surprised by the thoughtful gesture.
When we checked out Monday morning, we also booked our stay for next year at the Yankee Peddler Inn.
Thank you again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed in #15 in the carriage house. Our room was dark, with only one bedside lamp and no decor. The blanket was hard and scratchy. The shower was in need of work, and the bathroom had no hooks or racks for hanging towels. The room was very humid.

The breakfast was poorly organized, requiring us to run all over to collect everything we needed. The coffee was dismal. The food was similar to what is on offer in an economy hotel. After the first morning we skipped the breakfast we were paying for and went downtown for coffee and pastries.

On the plus side, the staff, available 24, hours a day, were very nice and helpful.

This was the least expensive bed and breakfast I could find in pricey Newport. Next time I will pay more—elsewhere.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple