All reviewsone bedroom suitefull kitchenthames streetcontinental breakfastbagelsmini apartmentstainless appliancesa pet friendly hotelgas fireplacehalf bathfree parkingbeautiful courtyardplace to staybowen's wharflarge bedroomsofa bedhardwood floors
Reviewed 14 September 2017

The floors/walls are very thin. You are able to hear many neighbors/comings/goings at all hours of the night given the downtown location.

The beds are way too soft, and very uncomfortable to sleep on. Prepare to wake up stiff if you're not tossing and turning all night!

Breakfast area is tiny and confusing. It should not be considered a full breakfast, although the pastries were good.

The male manager was very rude and off-putting, which is the main reason my family will be staying elsewhere.

Not the kind of quality/service I expect for the price!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2017

We went back for our second stay at The Pelham Court - this time in the height of the summer season - and we loved it all over again! It is right in the center of all the action and steps from the harbor, yet, when you are in the cobblestone courtyard, with the fountain bubbling, or in your cozy living room, it is cool and quiet. The parking is so handy for trips to the beaches, and the places feel like homes, not hotel rooms. But, the best part about PCH, is the people! Everyone is kind, interested in your wellbeing and fun to be around. They can't do enough for you. They have great ideas about things to do and see and they love what they do and where they do it. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Rooms are all a bit different. If you ask the desk when booking, I know they will try to accommodate your needs.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We reserved through expedia and that didn't get us where I thought we reserved. Don't go through expedia. The location ended up being a great location and overall the place was really cool. It just didn't seem like they ever did a walk thru to be sure things were clean. The dishes were dirty. The towels had make up on them. There were dead flies everywhere. Lightbulbs were burnt out. The bathroom doors squeaked so badly. The kitchen and bathroomn sinks were completely clogged. It was gross. Beautiful place. Great location. Just kind of dirty.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 4 September 2017

I booked this hotel for my first trip to Newport- and first family vacation. I had read all the reviews and most were excellent. We stayed in the one-bedroom suite on the second floor which was perfect since we had our 8 month old daughter with us- plenty of room for her walker and the brand new pack-n-play (provided by the hotel). The hotel is in an ideal location- we were able to walk everywhere! Restaurants, shopping, the wharfs, you name it. We absolutely loved the courtyard as well- so beautiful and lit up at night. Now for the negatives: Everything looked neat and clean upon arrival, but we soon discovered many oversights on housekeeping's part. There was a large clump of hair stuck to the shower wall- gross! And when we went to make breakfast the following morning, we took a plate out of the cabinet and it was covered in food (hadn't been washed at all). I had to put my baby's sneakers on when she went in her walker around the hardwood floors because her socks kept turning black from the dirt on the floors. We stayed 3 nights and on our second day, housekeeping never came to clean all day while we were out, so I had to call in the evening and request that they send someone while we went out to dinner. The carpet also had many stains, but not sure if that's something that can be easily fixed- like the rest of these issues. It just seemed like a lot of laziness as far as the cleaning goes in this hotel. I would love to stay here again- perhaps in the large townhouse suite with our parents- but I'm very skeptical now because of the cleanliness issues.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2017

We stayed here for a friend's wedding weekend and it couldn't have been more perfect. The rooms are very large and have everything you need, including a full kitchen. We didn't take much advantage of the full kitchen because the hotel is SO CLOSE to all the amazing restaurants in Newport (though I am sure if you have kids/dietary restrictions it would be a huge bonus). So you get the feel of renting a house, with the service of staying in a hotel/B&B. There's a lovely courtyard, self serve breakfast in the morning, and friendly staff. As I mentioned, the location really can't be beat - you can walk to shops and restaurants, and park your car onsite to get to the beach. Would definitely stay again if I am lucky enough to be in beautiful Newport!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends