Pelham Court Hotel
Grace Vanderbilt(Newport)
Hotel Viking(Newport)
Gilded(Newport)
View Hotel
All reviewsone bedroom suitefull kitchenthames streetcovered parkingcontinental breakfaststainless appliancesbagelsmini apartmentfree parkinggas fireplacehalf bathgorgeous bathroombowen's wharfplace to staylovely courtyardflat screenhardwood floors
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I loved this place. The one-bedroom suites are gorgeous and really nicely decorated. The location is close to everything, we parked and then walked to every shop and restaurant on Thames. Great parking underneath the carport. We didn't have an ironing board in our room but it wasn't a big deal. I would DEFINITELY stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sperry0325
Reviewed 27 August 2011

We loved this hotel. It's more of an apartment and we had one bedroom, kitchen and lounge as well as a two basin bathroom. It was beautifully decorated and had loads of character with beams and an open fireplace (gas). It is just off Thames Street and has free parking for one car. The desk is only manned at certain hours so if you are looking for full service, this isn't it, but for us it was fine. Breakfast of cakes, pastries, cereals and tea/coffee is laid out in the lobby for you to take back to the room. When you compare what we paid for this room to other hotels in the area, it was fantastic value.

If you're doing the Cliff Walk, when it says "don't walk at dusk," DON'T. We set off before dusk but the signs don't tell you that it takes much longer than you think to walk three miles as you have to walk on large stones like a break-water and there is a tunnel, so you need a torch. We were very lucky to reach the end before nightfall and I would not have liked to be hopping over boulders in the dark - beware!

1  Thank Loriol1
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I recently stayed at the Pelham Court Hotel and could not be happier with my stay. From the moment I arrived the staff couldn't have been friendlier and the location more perfect! We are from Millbrook, New York and drove our car down, we parked our car and there is stayed all weekend long (the parking in free too!), we were able to walk to EVERYTHING!

When we arrived back from exploring the town with our children our room was freshly serviced and we were able to shower and relax before we went out for the night. The children were happy with the hotel too! They could play in the beautiful courtyard that the hotel surrounds, while my husband and I shared a bottle of wine at one of the little tables in the courtyard, by candlelight! The staff thinks of everything, they light tea-light candles at dusk on all the table in the court yard. If you need anything or want suggestions all of the staff are local and able to give you the real "insiders" opinions and suggestions.

We will most certainly be back!

Reviewed 22 August 2011

This place is in the perfect spot. One hundred yards off a lovely, lively pier and as close as you can get to shops, restaurants etc. It has great parking and a very pleasant courtyard to sit in and relax. Our room was great. Sitting area with sofa bed for the children. Fabulous kitchen,fully equipped. Light and airy, beautifully furnished bedroom and bathroom. Breakfast was bagels, muffins, fruit etc. which you ate in the comfort of your own suite.

BUT, I was very disappointed with the housekeeping. On opening the sofa bed at 11pm on our first night, we discovered dirty (and I mean dirty) sheets and blanket. The office was shut. We all had a very uncomfortable night with 2 sheets and a cover between us. I informed reception the following morning and did get an apology but would have preferred a good nights sleep.

The next day we left our room at 10am and returned at 5pm to find the room had not been serviced. We had walked 7 miles in 90 degree heat and all four of us needed a shower. I asked reception for clean towels. I was very surprised to be told that none were available because they were still in the washing machine!? (This might explain why we only ever got three between the four of us anyway.)

I am always willing to `make allowances` but I do think this was unacceptable. There is no excuse for dirty bed linen and towels should be available in abundance.

Pelham Court is in the best location and is well laid out and furnished .Unfortunately, I think it will only be good while it is new. Someone needs to take charge and show a little care for their guests.

We loved Newport and will definitely return but not to the Pelham Court.

5  Thank LizFlo
Reviewed 5 July 2011

This was the absolute perfect hotel. We stayed in the studio suite for a weekend and couldn't have been more pleased. The staff and service we received was wonderful. The room was clean, quiet and had nicely appointed furnishings. The staff was great also. We were so happy we booked another weekend in September!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple