All reviews room was clean front desk person shower curtain sized bed rates
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

This place was GREAT!! I walked into the room & felt like I was back in the 60's & 70's traveling with my family as a little girl! The rooms are SO clean, quaint & RETRO. It was PERFECT for me!! It is a small, quiet Mom & Pop - type of motel that has everything that you need without all of the expensive, extraneous things that you pay for, but don't usually have time to use anyway. The proprietor was extremely friendly and helpful. My plane was delayed & I didn't get there until 5 o'clock in the morning, but he was pleasant even though I woke him up. They gave me extra hangers, a hair dryer, iron and everything else I needed. They provided plenty of soap, shampoo, conditioner and all of the amenities that I required. The gardener, housekeepers and all of the staff were nice, helpful and extremely accommodating. It is near the Naval base where my niece graduated with honors. It is less expensive than most of the hotels in the city and I still got to spend time walking on the beach and touring & dining in the beautiful, historic town of Newport, Rhode Island. I will DEFINITELY visit again and bring my family with me.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank KathrynVenema
Reviewed 18 September 2017

My wife and I stayed here 09/12/2017 - 09/13/2017. The hotel is ok but the morning we left I had put my wedding ring on the bathroom sink and forgot it. I noticed about 2 hours later and called the hotel. They told me it was not there and the maids did not see it. I know it was there, my wife seen it there, there is no doubt about it. The maids are thieves and the hotel does not care. Beware when you stay here. It cost me $2,500.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank John F
Reviewed 10 July 2017

I booked this on a Wednesday for a Friday through Sunday stay. The $169 per night rate was good considering this was a last summer weekend in a pricey town. I got a very comfortable king sized bed. Wifi didn't always work perfectly, but well enough. The room and bath were clean overall, but the shower curtain had a few patches of dark mold. That is the only reason I am not rating this place higher. Within easy driving distance of the attractions.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Marian C
Reviewed 8 June 2017

Affordable for the location. 10 minutes drive from downtown. Quiet, yet when entering the driveway be very careful because it's on a curve and people are driving fast. Don't blink or you might miss it. Front desk person was very nice. They are in the middle of remodeling, yet it still was quiet. You park right in front of your room. Large king size bed, coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave and nice size bathroom. We decided to stay another night. The front desk person was very accommondating. A return a must!!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shubie710
Reviewed 7 December 2016

I have to admit we were just looking for a reasonable room for 1 night at the last minute and this is what I found. It wasn't very occupied but the staff was lovely and they upgraded us to a king bed room. It seems like this motel caters to people visiting their loved ones at the local military base. I found it to be a great budget motel that was clean and convenient. It was a 5 min drive to the historic area. I would gladly stay here again for a 1 night stay.

Room Tip: we stayed in #150. Faces street so a little noisy
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple