“Preferable to spend the night in your car”

University Manor Inn
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Preferable to spend the night in your car”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

Wish I had read other reviews before booking my nonrefundable stay. I was given a room that reeked, with wallpaper peeling all over the place and large dried vomit all over the floor next to the bed. There appeared to be illicit (prostitution) activity occurring on the premises. My heart was pounding and I felt unsafe. After seeing the room, I promptly returned the key to the front desk. The man simply nodded when I told him that I could not possibly stay the night. Naturally, I received no compensation from my cancellation. That said, it was worth it not to stay at this horrible place.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank mizdeenie
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

My family's experience was the same as the other four reviews I've just read. I also used the "three star for two star prices!" offer from Expedia and I'll NEVER do it again! The minute our car of three female travellers pulled into the parking lot, we were shocked. There was a family sitting outside one of the units that they obviously live in. Pretty obvious when you see the "weekly rates" sign outside the hotel. Our bathroom was dirty - miscellaneous hairs, sluggish toilet and tub, no regular source of hot water and the rusted light fixture - along with permanent stains on the sheets. At 9 pm a group of bikers rolled in for the night and kept revving their engines during the evening. My adult daughters had a very hard time sleeping, so we didn't bother staying a second night - it just wasn't worth the "savings" from this misleading offer!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank CreativeBaker

Travellers are raving about these Buffalo hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

Be warned: This is not a real motel. It's a welfare motel that also rents out vacant rooms as a hotel. What to expect? Dirty rooms. Cleaning consisted of making the bed. Sweep the floors? Clean the mirrors? Wash the floors? Fuhget about it. Enjoy the poverty stricken residents sitting outside your door arguing over the last cigarette etc... The continental breakfast was a disgusting, pitiful, selection jammed into what also serves as a front office. DO NOT BOOK A ROOM HERE. It sucks!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank thebostonguy
rio grande, New Jersey, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

It is a nice location across the street from university ..clean room..good service... resonable rate compare to other hotels in buffalo down town...

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank kpatel45
Toledo, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

Now called University Manor Inn, this motel is currently going for $100 on Expedia. Good thing I didn't pay that! When I booked a few weeks ago for a stay last weekend, it was going for $80. I paid $77 for a $3 "deep discount" on a 3-star hotel in the Amherst area. I was expecting a 3-star as promised and was shocked when I saw the non-refundable booking (which was still $4 more than if I had simply booked this motel directly without Expedia). I don't mind a 2-star hotel (even that is generous here), but having lived in Buffalo for 8 years, I immediately knew this was in a "rough" part of town. (I woke at 3 AM to a couple arguing during my stay, but at least no shots were fired.) The breakfast is a couple loaves of bread/bagels and a waffle maker in a small 2-table room by the office. Wifi was spotty, but found it humorous that one of the local secure networks was called "Icanseeintoyourroom", which indeed they could, as my shower was directly across (10 feet) from a house's windows, with no curtain! Expedia would do nothing for me to cancel this booking, so I vow never to use their service ever again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family