All reviews best westerns room was clean hot items free parking continental breakfast bars and restaurants bit dated convenient location great place to stay nice hotel downtown buffalo within walking distance front desk staff would stay here again nice stay short drive home away from home
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Very disappointed with this hotel. This hotel is under construction. Limited parking to none. Park on the street with meters. Checked in and then it took over an hour to get our room. Staff was very short and snarky. No sense of being welcomed to the area or even this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bestwest510, General Manager at Best Western - On The Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. There were an overwhelming amount of guests that arrived at 2pm demanding they get a room right away.

Our policy says check in time is 2pm. But its not guaranteed. My housekeepers are scheduled 10 am to 6 pm. Not all rooms could be cleaned before 2 pm.

Unfortunately, we could not clean rooms faster than the amount of guests arriving. I have been in the hotel industry for over 10 years. I have not seen that happen very often.

Its common though at big resorts or in Las Vegas. You often wait longer than the check in time stated on their websites.

I know my team was working as fast as possible to get rooms cleaned. Unfortunately, we fell short for not satisfying all of our guests. For your discomfort I am applying Best Western Rewards points to your account.(see the other email I sent you)

Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Troy GM

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Very nice rooms. Quiet and relaxing.Good location near stores, restaurants and museums. Well lit, safe parking. Earlier check-in and later checkout than most hotels.Their breakfast selection was excellent. Can't go wrong with scrambled eggs and sausage!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

After reading your review I believe this score of a 1 was incorrect. FYI- a 1 means we have failed you miserably. A 5 means that you were completely satisfied. I am hoping that is the case. If there is anything else I can doe for you, pleased don't hesitate to contact me.

Troy GM

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Resending to correct my rating to 5. Hotel is nicely renovated and provided a quiet comfortable stay. Staff was helpful and friendly . Hotel is conveniently located near Allentown entertainment area and is walkable to downtown as well. Canadians will like the Tim Hortons across the street.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2018

Hotel appears to have been nicely renovated. Room was very quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location is close to Allentown entertainment area. Downtown aIso within walking distance if you are up for a bit of a walk. For the Canadians that love Tim Hortons, there is one across the street.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bestwest510, General Manager at Best Western - On The Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Thank you for the wonderful compliments. I noticed you gave us a 1 out of 5 !!! Was this a mistake? Your comments indicate a 5 out of 5. If you enjoyed our new rooms and were satisfied, Thank You. However, If we failed to deliver an exceptional stay for you, please don't hesitate to call me. I would like to discuss your stay in detail. Sincerely, Troy GM.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

We stayed as a group of 9 attending the final Bisons home game. The manager, Troy, introduced himself to us just after check-in and gave us his card in case we had any questions or problems. Very happy with the condition, location and value of the hotel. The staff was top notch. We'll be staying here again for sure.

Date of stay: August 2018