Buffalo Marriott HARBORCENTER
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Curtiss Hotel(Buffalo)
View Hotel
All reviewsm clubconcierge loungegold and platinum membersharbor centerhockey rinkl shaped couchsabres gamepocket doorice rinkscity viewgreat hoteltim hortonsvalet parkingmilitary parkgreat sports barmodern roomshardwood floors
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 March 2018

This hotel is located next to the KeyBank Center in downtown Buffalo. The hotel is newer and it's shows in the design and cleanliness of the common areas/rooms.

Being Marriott Lifetime Platinum, your check in gift options are points of $10 credit for drinks/food at the bar. The lobby is modernly designed with the M Club concierge lounge just off of the lobby. The M Club lounge has pretty good snacks/food compared to what I've seen at other Marriott concierge lounges.

The rooms are designed well and are very clean. My only gripe on the rooms is that there's no desk, which is kind of a bummer in a hotel designed more for business travelers.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Bobby G, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott HARBORCENTER, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear ee978,

Thank you very much for your kind review on our property. We appreciate the feedback and always note suggestions our guests leave us. We tried to switch out the classic chair and desk for a more modern take with the roll-away bedside table. We understand this may not work for everyone! We hope you choose to visit again whenever you travel to Buffalo!

Thank you for choosing the Buffalo Marriott HARBORCENTER.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

It is difficult to put into few words on the experience I received from this hotel other than WOW! This hotel is the gold standard for how customer service should be in any company, and management should be commended for making customer service top priority. Every employee is also to be commended for demonstrating that customer service is clearly a high priority. It is so rare nowadays that people in this business truly take pride in customer care, my encounters with employees at this hotel were almost unnerving at the start. Their willingness to show off their hotel, and make sure everything was OK even when I did not ask was truly outstanding. Thank you for making this business traveler feel welcome and at home! Awesome job!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Gmoo2017
Bobby G, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott HARBORCENTER, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Dear Gmoo2017,

We sincerely thank you for your review! We know how stressful and busy it can be for business travelers such as yourself and we always strive to make our guests as comfortable as possible. Your feedback is much appreciated and helps us know we are fulfilling our goal.

Thank you for choosing the Buffalo Marriott HARBORCENTER and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

One of those places just designed and run to the N'th degree. From world-class architectural planning and design to culinary specialties one only greater than the next, this place is as another writer said "divine", no better word. Let me talk about the Turkey, Bourbon Bacon, and Avocado grilled sandwich, no wait let me talk about the Swimming Blue Crab Lump Salad (also B. bacon, HB egg, Bleu cheese, wow) I could go on and on and that's just lunch. I keep threatening Patrick S. the Food-bev Manager to bring my whole family for dinner because you see I am a resident of Buffalo, a weary schoolteacher who goes there for lunch to properly pamper myself often during mid-day for the continued ministration due later that afternoon. And these folks are there for the call each time I stop by, I feel at home and can do computer business, rest, eat lunch, carouse around with manager Al B. or Patrick if they are around. (not much as they never seem to stop moving to provide hospitality to their guests) Frequently convention or business meetings are held catered splendidly by my observation several at a time in tastefully designed rooms. Clearly a directive is in place to hire as many delightful and talented individuals from around the world as possible, those folks have made my time a bit more bearable as I move closer to retirement (76 work days - WOO HOO!), for each of these lovely qualities, and calories so be it, I award you all my highest respect and warn you you may not be able to get rid of me upon retirement - BOO HA! YUM, YUM! Love You Guys (and Gals!)

Room Tip: Choose a Room Facing Canalside
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Bobby G, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott HARBORCENTER, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Dear Mike G,

On behalf of all of us at the Buffalo Marriott HARBORCENTER, we thank you for your review! It is much appreciated and we love reading the feedback. We look forward to hosting you again!

Thank you so much.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

We stayed for one night to attend a hockey game. The hotel itself is beautiful, modern, and well appointed. Our King room was a city view, but we also had a great view of the lake which was a nice surprise. The room was very spacious and had huge windows, making it feel even bigger. Everything was clean and well kept inside the room, including the small refrigerator that was hidden away tastefully.

I was surprised to find that the hotel is pretty much attached to KeyBank Center, and the 'three minute walk' to the hockey game could have been timed from when we left our room and took the elevator to the parking garage. This ended up being a great choice as we didn't have to fight traffic (vehicle or pedestrian) to get back to the hotel.

Valet parking was only $2 more than parking the vehicle myself, so we took advantage of that feature. When we called down to get the car the morning we were checking out, the concierge was able to complete the checkout over the phone - one less stop for us on the way out the door.

I was very impressed with the hotel and will recommend it to anyone headed to the area.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Bobby G, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott HARBORCENTER, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Good morning CaliforniaHereICome,

We are so happy to know you enjoyed your time with us, and found our property to be so convenient! That was our goal when designing. I am sure prospective guests looking for lodging will appreciate your feedback and find it helpful.

We hope to see you again for more hockey games! Thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

The views are lovely, and the hotel itself is amazing, but it was the staff, and especially Chan in the M lounge, who made our stay so very special. He was so helpful with everything and is such a gentleman. Marriott is our "go to" hotel where ever we are in the world, and this hotel is one we will come back to again and again.

Room Tip: The best views are on the top floors
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Dear nanac369,

We sincerely thank you for your review on our property and staff! And thank you again for your loyalty to the Marriott brand. You can have an impressive property but it truly is the staff that brings a building to life. I am proud to know our staff helped make your stay a little more special.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you again for whatever brings you back to Buffalo!