“Sunday Breakfast”

Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 18
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner
Description: This diner is a circa 1952 Mountain View Diner Vin. #446. It was saved from demolition and moved from Wayne, Pennsylvania to Buffalo in 2001. Restored and equipped with a modern state of the art kitchen and knowledgeable and passionate staff, the Lake effect continues to humbly serve wholesome and fresh locally procured ingredients prepared the way they should be.....from scratch! From field to fork, our facility makes artisanal fresh, cured and smoked meats. Eggs are delivered from the Kreher Family Farm right up the road. All bread is baked fresh in house daily.
Reviewed 29 January 2017

I thought I did this review, but apparently did not submit one. I went with my husband and daughter who is going to college in Buffalo. I'll start by saying that we each felt very differently about it - I loved it and my rating would be 5 - the old time diner with the counter and stools, kind of close tables, friendly busy zipping around staff... I enjoyed and soaked in the ambience, but my husband wasn't impressed and didn't think it was anything special - and his rating would be a 3; my daughter didn't like it and I would say her rating would be a 2. First - delicious fresh squeezed OJ and good hot coffee; decent food, good wait staff and a lot of menu selections. My husband got corned beef hash - and actually complained (to me) that there were large pieces of corned beef in it - my response was that their corned beef had way more meat in it than the small pieces seen at most places and you can actually see that this is a quality item - I would say that the portion size is huge and 2-3 people could easily share it. My daughter got chocolate chip pancakes (I think) and I got an omelet. I would definitely go back, but (I guess) it won't be with them!

1  Thank Bettine31

Reviewed 28 January 2017

A nice rail car breakfast joint. Kinda grimy inside but the food is great.
You can see the cooks working away and they seem to enjoy what they do.
The portions are huge and the pancake is delicious.
If you are visiting the city and want that real Americana feel, this is the place for you. But be prepared for a wait at certain times.

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

Stopped for supper on "BOGO" milkshake Tuesday. Enjoyed the actual milkshakes made in the old fashioned blenders.
My wife was happy with her chicken finger dinner as was I with my battered haddock fish fry. We love the french fries at Lake Effect and I strongly recommend the grilled veggies.
Our server Kelsey was friendly and attentive adding to the pleasant experience.

Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

Okay so I go to this place or whatnot I've been doing this for awhile it's something extra time to wait until special offers offers related downloads to get anything done

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

Food and service was great. The options for a vegetarian or even if your vegan, they cover it. Vegan bacon, nondairy Hollandaise, etc...open 24/7 for early or late chow!! Two thumbs up!!!