“Lunch time at Alton's”

Cuisines: American, Greek
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2017

June 2017. Tired of over-priced, underserved quality at the big chain eateries, 6 of us showed up at this very busy restaurant. We were seated immediately. Service was knowledgeable and quick. The menu was varied: from liver and onions to Hawaiian chicken. Everyone at the table were satisfied with the quality of the food. The prices were fantastic compared to what you pay at the franchise places. The dining room and the restrooms were very clean. Overall, a great dining experience.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

We are former Buffalonians and frequested Alton's for more years than we can count. This is the GO-TO restaurant for home cooked food. Everything is delicious. Service has always been phenomical. The same manager for many, many years but I didn't see him on this occasion. He ALWAYS checked tables, rolled up his shirtsleeves and helped out everyone. We have tried just about everything on the menu. Love their beef on weck, my first choice. Now that we live in Tennessee we only come for a short visit to Buffalo but this is our first stop after Ted's Hot Dogs and John and Mary's subs. My whole family came here either for lunch or dinner. You cannot beat this place.......Reasonable priced food served hot and fresh and your coffee cup is never empty.

1  Thank MaryannF650
Reviewed 8 June 2017

This is by far my favorite grab a bite place to eat. If you want breakfast , lunch or dinner any time of the day , this is the place. The staff is lovely and very efficient. I highly recommend the Belgian waffle with fresh strawberries. I cannot ever get anything else. Whenever I am near Buffalo I always find a reason to go here. The prices are very reasonable and the portions will fill you up.

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

I've been here several times, sometimes eat in and other times take out since it's on my way home from work. The location is super convenient and the prices are fair or better than other places. Their chicken souvlaki is the best I've ever had. The chicken is so tender. The Greek potatoes are average and the Greek salad is great (the dressing is delicious). The eggs Benedict was far better than expected - I really enjoyed it. The French Toast is average and the pancakes are good. The only item I didn't really enjoy was their rice pudding (the texture and taste were off to me). The service from my last eat in experience was above average.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

They have the best Chicken Souvlaki in Buffalo. Breakfast is great, especially the omelettes and walnut and spice pancakes. Be prepared to wait at busy times like the weekend. But well worth the wait. We visit very often.

Been to Alton's? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK