“There were 7 of Us”

McPartlan's Corner INC
Ranked #134 of 1,069 Restaurants in Buffalo
Reviewed 12 June 2017

We were looking to try something different and found McPartlan's on the interweb with decent reviews and that's where we ended up. 3 of us were delighted to find they serve their fish fry 7 days/wk. We had the mini. The sides were decent, not the best but that wouldn't stop me from coming back for it again. Haddock was breaded. MIL had a Shrimp in a Basket appetizer as her dinner, and it was quite nice - plenty of fried shrimp, fantail style with fries. I don't know if the fries came with or if she ordered as an add on. The others enjoyed their sandwiches very much, especially the beef on weck and philly cheesesteak. We got a single order of wings, just to try them and they were decent as well. Looking forward to going back and trying more things. Very good service provided by a friendly, efficient lass.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

My husband and I recently visited McPartlan's Corner for a fish fry.
This used to be our go to restaurant for a fish fry.
We have not been there in a few years so we decided to go back.
First of all - we were in the line to put in our name (by the sign that states wait to be seated). We were behind 2 other couples who were waiting for quite some time just to put their name in. We finally asked a waitress who was passing by where the hostess was. The hostess came over but she started taking names of people who just walked in by the bar area instead of the wait to be seated sign. I walked up to her and said the people in the correct line were here much longer. She finally took all of our names. We than went to the bar to wait. There were several tables left empty for long periods of time. There was also an additional room where they were not seating people yet. We were told they did not have enough waitresses. Now this was on Good Friday - probably the biggest fish fry day of the year. Being an established business you think they would know how to schedule for this day.
Well we did get called about 45 minutes later which was not too bad.
The fish was not as a I remembered at all. It was not flaky at all - seemed to be dry. I told the waitress we would also be ordering an order to go and asked her to put in that order once she brought our food. We finished our meal and proceeded to wait for our check and our to go order. After about 10-15 minutes our waitress came over and said our to go order was not ready. I told the waitress to bring our check so we could pay and we would wait at the bar for our to go order. There were many people waiting to be seated. She said she would be right back. Well - we sat and waited for at least another 15 minutes. She finally came with the order and the check. Needless to say - we will not be back.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

Fish was greasy tried it on two different occasions would not try it a third.
Drinks were expensive. Older crowd

Reviewed 19 March 2017

McPartlan's Corner is a legendary restaurant that has been serving outstanding food for over 50 years. Family owned and operated since it's early beginnings in Buffalo. Voted best fish fry many times over not to mention delicious roast beef on kimmelweck, clam chowder etc. You don't run a restaurant for that length of time if it isn't great. So many staff working here, service is first. Old Irish pub style atmosphere that one will enjoy.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

I love this restaurant, has roast beef, can get just a sandwich or a full meal, many choices, all good. Has specials as well, all seats, no booths and seating is adaptable for 4 or for 10. I suggest you try it, I know you will be happy with the food.