“Fun with Food”

Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 October 2011

We travel over an hour to go to Sea Bar. A culinary experience every time we go! The oysters are the best and the only place that I eat them. The sushi is always fresh and the fish tacos are some of the best I have had in the world. The beef on weck roll is a tradition for us to have after a Sabres game. The service is always friendly.

Reviewed 17 October 2011

We had reservations (recommend doing this) for Saturday dinner. We were promptly seated and offered curry popcorn to accompany our drinks. We ordered sushi appetizers, consisting of a crab mango roll, surf clam, scallop, and Spanish mackerel, all which were excellent.
For our meals, we continued with sushi, since we were so happy with our first course. We had a spider roll, caramel crab, lobster, shrimp tempura, and a variety of sushi pieces. Service wa very good, despite it being very busy.
We have mainly eaten lunch at Seabar prior to this visit, but will definitely make it a dinner destination after this experience.

Reviewed 9 October 2011

We came here on a Thursday evening without reservations; they were able to seat us at the bar, where we had exceptionally friendly service. The glitzy decor was a little much for me, but my colleagues loved it. By sharing large sakes and mixing and matching our selections, we had a very reasonably priced meal.

The signature caramel crab roll was a little heavy on the caramel, but I guess they don't want you to feel like they skimped. The decadence of a deep-fried roll drizzled with sweetness wasn't lost on me. The flavors were much more balanced, however, when I added lots of wasabi and ginger.

We also had the seaweed salad (very pretty), five kinds of sashimi (fun because they had a distinct, hip garnish on each fish, like tiny cubes of soy sauce jelly or seaweed puree), and the trio roll (one each of crab, shrimp, and salmon). All came in nifty dishware chosen to complement the particular shapes and sizes of the food.

I would have considered going again while I was still in town, but I figured that if they couldn't get us in on Thursday to the dining room, they sure as heck wouldn't get us in on Friday and Saturday. It's so hard for visitors to find the time and the right numbers to make reservations.

Reviewed 30 September 2011

If you want a reliable step out of the ordinary you should give Sea Bar City a try. You will find delicious fresh food that is tweaked and plumped and teased into something that will wow your eyes and your tastebuds. I went for lunch with a group of seven so we experienced quite a few dishes. the menu looks deceivingly simple, and in truth requires some explanation by the wait staff. for example, the fish tacos. they are not what you might think: fried fish. but rather a mixture of beautifully fresh diced raw fish with salsa and guac. be adventurous, open your mouth and be wowed by one of our most imaginative chefs in the city!

2  Thank rovingcarole
Reviewed 27 September 2011

delicious. little pricy, but worth it. mike a came out and talked to us a bit about the food as I was not sure about the sushi. I had the caramel crab roll, and it was delicious. friend had the pork enchiladas and loved them. drinks a little pricy,b ut really good.