“Unique and delicious”
Review of Thin Man Brewery

Thin Man Brewery
Ranked #103 of 1,123 Restaurants in Buffalo
Reviewed 13 February 2017

Where can you find duck confit hash? At Thin Man Brewery for brunch! This along with French Toast with Pear Puree and Marscapone and real maple syrup. Tantalizing to the tastebuds. This was my second visit to the brewery. My first included the succulent bacon nibs and a winter-warming roasted beet salad with feta and braised greens topped with hazelnuts. Of course, you can't stop in without sampling their brews. Very satisfying. The Bloody Mary, that I chose to accompany brunch, had a great hit of horseradish to wake you up and was very flavorful. I will definitely stop in to sample more of their creative brews. Only wish the volume of the music allowed for conversations. There is additional seating upstairs.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

This great place accommodated our large party for our fantasy football draft. Their WiFi was flawless. Their beer selection was diverse. The ambience was vibrant but not obnoxious. The food was incredible. The male staff had epic beards. It was a great experience visiting here and ill definitely be back.

Reviewed 10 January 2017

All the beers I've tried have been pretty well done. My last trip was in the fall, but I don't remember any of the beers being amazing, but they were all good. I checked my Untappd account and rated "No Pressure" 4.25 out of 5, and I don't rate many beers higher than a 4, so it was a good IPA.

Only food I've had was a burger and it was outstanding.

1  Thank Andrew G
Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

Thin Man Brewery is different from most other breweries in Buffalo that I've been to. They had 16 of their own beers on tap. With a few varieties that You don't see often. I sampled the flight of 6 in my favorite was the Geist, a style of adambier which I never tried before. There are also many rare beers from other breweries. I'm looking forward to returning to try some of their other beers.

Reviewed 16 December 2016

The atmosphere here is very cool. It has multiple levels, and clear "garage doors" that open to the street in the warmer months. The best parking is at the hospital parking garage, if you don't want to find parking on the street. They will validate parking, but it's only a couple bucks after a certain hour anyways.
We went to Thin Man for a special event, and we had a great time. The beer is good, and my favorite was a coffee stout. Service at the bar was a little slow, but it was busy.
The problem I had was with the food. I got the Fish Tacos, and the fish want cooked. The server was all over it, and had the dish remade for me, and that was fine. Someone else in the party had the meatloaf sandwich, and he LOVED it. So, I guess there is a little inconsistency in the kitchen.
The fact that they remedied the problem and comped that on the bill was great, but to be an excellent restaurant, you need to catch mistakes before they make it to the table.
I feel like maybe they are trying to do too many things. The menu was extensive, and that's great, but it's tough to be excited about it when you get undercooked food.
I do appreciate the response, though, and the waiter was on-point. I'm a tough critic, because I waited tables for years, and I know food and service.
The menu ideas are the "easy" part; executing it night after night, dish by dish, patron by patron; that's the tough part.
They are still pretty new, so, there is still a chance they can straighten it out. I hope they do, because I like this place!

Been to Thin Man Brewery? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK