After a week camping in the Grand Canyon, it was nice to have a room with air conditioning and running hot and cold water. The staff here must be used to people coming from and going to the Grand Canyon because nobody blinked an eye at either my grimy condition at check in, or at the amount of equipment I brought to the room for sorting through later.
Even though I arrived before the regular check in time, I was graciously given a room--a very nice room with lots of space. The room appeared to have been updated recently, though the room service staff kept the room so clean that I can imagine the update having taken place some time ago. The bed had controls that were supposed to customize the mattress firmness. The mattress was fine with me, so I didn't fiddle with the controls. It was nice to have a desk for working and a small sitting area, although there was only a single chair rather than a small sofa in a room with a king bed. The mini-fridge was a nice addition to the room. Above it was a small counter with a self-serve coffee machine.
The breakfast buffet (not included in the room, and about $10 per person) had a reasonable selection. Everything was somewhere between what you'd pull out of a vending machine and what you'd want from a finer restaurant. For example, the blueberries set out as a waffle topping had been previously frozen. The cut melons and pineapple appeared as though they had been processed somewhere else. Still, there were plenty of choices.
I did use the laundry (only $1 per load for washer or dryer) and the exercise room (elliptical and two treadmills, some free weights), but not the sauna or small pool. Overall, I had a pleasant stay here, and there was a little something extra I couldn't put my finger on--maybe the staff attitude or the atmosphere--something that pushed this hotel into my Very Good category.
There is some
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff leisure travelers as well as the busy executives will be pleased to find everything necessary to make your trip to Northern Arizona relaxing and enjoyable. Our hotel is in the ideal location for exploring all the wonders of Northern Arizona including Historic Downtown Flagstaff,Route 66,the Grand Canyon National Park, Scenic Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon, The Painted Desert National Park, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn - Flagstaff Hotel Flagstaff
- Flagstaff Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Flagstaff