1,210 results
All reviews full kitchen two bedroom suite grand canyon basketball court apartment complex extended stay social hour quiet location great place to stay oatmeal free breakfast living area sofa bed home away from home short drive rooms are large definitely stay here again
Reviewed 8 August 2017

This was a nice place to stay rooms are large and clean. Enjoyed the apartment style rooms. Keep in mind happy hour is not every night. Also cannot use the fireplace year round. The breakfast was just okay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta
Danielle C, Front Office Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thank you for your review on Sonesta ES Suites Flagstaff. You are correct, we offer our evening social Tuesday-Thursday which includes complimentary snack options. Due to Flagstaff fire restrictions the hotel is not able to use the fireplaces from May to about October. During that time though there is no extra cost when reserving a fireplace room! We look forward to seeing you soon, hopefully you'll get the chance to enjoy one of our cozy fireplace rooms.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

my wife and I spent 3 nights there and found it decent. our first night we had a 2nd story room overlooking the parking lot and the room below us had 2 dogs in it that barked a little, so we asked for a room facing the back of property and the nice lady (Zee...spelling?) at front desk was very kind and found us a room the next day (522) and we moved over. We LOVED this room location. Best in property, had extra side window being on the end, and faced the back, surrounded by trees, so we had privacy and could leave blinds open without any concerns which made it light and bright!
They offer breakfast and happy hour. We took advantage of breakfast each day and it was OK. Eggs I think are powdered, pancakes and biscuits and gravy were added on other days and last day were just potatoes. They had sausage each day, as well as lots of fruit, muffins, home made scones, bagels, cereal, etc. GOOD coffee and piping hot! nice area to eat in as well.
NOTE: TV is WEAK....don't get many channels it seems and no movie channels came in so bring a book as there is very little to watch!
Location is great, Flag has added some new places like Oregano's near by as well as Continental GC has a clubhouse (Oakmont) that offers meals, bar, etc. right across the street with GREAT golf course and mountain views. It's easy to get to downtown Flag or go hiking from here too.
The room is nice sized, FULL kitchen (stove, oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator and sink, etc. The bath has only one sink and shower/tub shares room with toilet. The towels are THIN...but they give you enough extra. Bed was nice, but we found it too firm and pillows were big/fluffy, but didn't hold up overnight...got flat.
Parking is ample and the staff is VERY friendly and polite and helpful.
There are NOT a lot of great places to stay in Flag (Little America is very dated, but nice grounds, Drury Inn has nice modern rooms but right in town near NAU, traffic, etc.) so...this is one of better locations and values we've found in Flag. Worth checking out compared to others...and the grounds on property are really pretty with pool, spa and plenty of places to take your dogs for walk if you travel with them. We left ours at home this time, but nice to know we could bring him if we bring a kennel too.

Room Tip: 522 or any upper corner room that faces the back will be most private and most windows
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review on Sonesta ES Suites Flagstaff. We are happy that we were able to find the perfect room for you. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip up to Flagstaff.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We just wanted to get away from the Phoenix summer heat. Sonesta suites filled the bill. Had an upstairs room overlooking the pool. The room was pretty nice with just about everything anyone would need. Kind of wished the windows could be opened to enjoy the great weather. The complimentary breakfast was very good and it had a decent variety each day. The free wifi was hit and miss. The staff was great. The complex is located convenient to the interstate but far enough away to avoid the noise.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank george w
Danielle C, Front Office Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Thank you for your review of Sonesta ES Suites Flagstaff. For the safety of our guests the windows are only able to open a few inches. We are happy to hear that you were able to escape the valley heat and enjoy all we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip up.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

I stayed here while driving through AZ with my dog. The rooms are large, and there is a nice dog walk area. For a pet friendly hotel, it is above average. Where the annoyances come in is the policies and lack of attention to detail. They charged me $75 for a pet fee- when I got to my room, I found the carpet stained all over with pet accidents. I called the front desk and reported this as I did not want to be charged- they said, "we know, it is common, you won't be charged". So, you are charging me $75 plus a deposit for stains/damage that you don't clean or repair? Seems like a bit of a rip off. Add to that the TV signal that cuts out every 2 minutes, and the shower supplies that were not restocked (dispensers for shampoo/soap/conditioner) and I was a little disappointed. Again, a good place for pets, but enough poor policies and lack of attention to details that I cannot give it a "good" rating.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back building away from the street for quiet
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank jpsfl1
Danielle C, Front Office Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

We were very disappointed to hear that you had found the cleanliness of your room not up to our normal high standards and you can be assured that these concerns have been addressed with our housekeeping staff to help assure that any future stays will be exemplary. We hope you try Sonesta ES Suites Flagstaff again so we can demonstrate our commitment to improvement.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel based on all the positive reviews. I am not sure what type of people were happy with this place. Either they were not very picky or I just got a bad room. We were placed in a handicap room which was fine. The room was quite large like all the reviews mentioned but as soon as I walked in the room, I noticed a bad odor. Although it looked clean, it did not smell clean. The bed also appeared nice enough until I got on it. It seems like this bed was only used on one side. It really sunk in on the side near the bathroom. Since there were two of us, I was stuck with the warped side. The other side was fine. This mattress needs to be replaced right away. I did not get much sleep and woke up with a bad back. Breakfast was okay for this type of hotel. I would not return to this hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank choosey1

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sonesta ES Suites in Flagstaff. We appreciate you helping us to identify areas where we can continue to improve and provide our guest with exceptional stays that are consistent and enjoyable. Your concerns are greatly valued and you can be assured that we will be addressing these immediately. We hope that on your next trip you will come and stay with us again and reach out to us here at the hotel so we can ensure that we provide you with the great stay you deserve.