“NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN & WAY OVER PRICED”

Rodeway Inn Downtown
Ranked #60 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
TEXAS
“NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN & WAY OVER PRICED”
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Waited at the desk with 2 other customers for awhile before getting service & that should have been my first warning & should have walked out. The guy finally showed up behind the desk & after paying he told me if there was anything we needed to let them know. It had been raining & it was cold in the room & no heat & noticed no coffee maker. I called the desk & he told me they turned the heat off during the summer & that they have space heaters, but he had customers & we would have to come & get them & same thing with coffee maker. NO flipping service . AC filter was plugged. Ice machine didn't work. Door to outside didn't lock & anyone could walk in & wonder the halls. Not impressed with the place at all & would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank TexasSocks
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 8 May 2011

I should have known better. The price for the room was low and my expectations should have matched the price. The room was very small, the bathroom even smaller. The noise from the nearby train tracks and highway was disruptive, especially since the walls were so thin that snoring from an adjacent room woke me in the middle of the night. On a positive note, it was clean and free of bugs.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Alpine147

Travellers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2011

We've been on a long trip through south, central and north America. We've had noise and even bed bugs at one place but this inn is by far the worse we've stayed in.
We arrived after pre-booking 2 nights. The front desk woman did not greet us in a friendly manner at all, instead she coldly told us that we couldn't have our room for a couple of hours unless we paid 10 dollars! My partner than asked her if we could wait in the reception area and she told him no as she was going out! So we had to lug our luggage around for two hours!
It got much worse. When we came back she looked over our booking again and announced that she was putting us in a smoking room as it didn't clearly state on the booking form it was none smoking! We informed her this was not ok and she argued that all non smoking rooms were booked. We believe she lied as she then offered to move her into her other hotel ( not a rodeway inn). To us it sounds like a complete scam to put extra money in her own pocket. She was realllly rude and kept arguing with us saying it was our or hostel bookers mistake!
We took the room as it was clear she wasn't going to give us our money back and it stank of smoke so we had to keep the window open. It was also facing the main road and railway just to top it off.
The breakfast was obscene. I got apple juice and it had been watered down. The only food on offer was stale bread. My partner said good morning to the woman and she rudely replied by saying "mmph". Every time we saw her she gave us evil looks and was the most rude person we have ever met. I asked to change a note as the drinks machine only took coins and she gave me a disgusting look and pushed the coins over. What a horrible woman! She even asked us if we wanted our room cleaned the next day.We said yes and she acted all surprised like we had just asked for extra service!

I sincerely hope that the Rodeway Inn marketing and management people read these reviews. This woman is ruining their reputation and is the least hospitable person who ever lived! Get rid of the witch! Staying at an econolodge now and the people here are very friendly. I'd recommend avoiding this dump!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank CupcakeTraveler
Peru, Illinois
Reviewed 13 April 2011

We were staying over night to catch a 4am train. I made the reservation via CHOICE hotels. Had an email confirmation for one rate and was charged a higher one at check in (plus surchage). My fault for not looking until i got to my room. I went back to to settle this mixup. Clerk was RUDE and told me to contact CHOICE rewards. When I called the 800# the rep told me that it was the property's responsibility! Still in the process of getting my money back.
Room was very run down. no bathroom or room fan to cancel out surrounding/street noise. Glad i was only there for 12 hours.

Room Tip: Ask for the newest updated roon NO 107!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Erin L
Page, Arizona
Reviewed 8 January 2011

I booked my room online for what I thought was a good deal. As soon as I arrived the very rude front desk lady told me it was a smoking room and if I wanted non-smoking I would need to shell out more cash. It was all a ploy to get people to pre-pay for a room then charge them more. The room was terrible it smelled so bad I slept with the windows open in the middle of winter. I had a terrible night! I wanted to leave early but parking slots were so small I could not get into my car until the car next to me checked out. I can usually put up with a dingy room but I can't tolerate a skuzzy hotel with scummy staff! These people should not be in the "hospitality" business!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo