See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 May 2016 via mobile

So my friend and i stayed here and it was really cheap - $40 for both of us for a night.

We were happy. Bed was comfy, big tv, showers worked, the location was good and the room was decently decorated.

A lot of people are hating on this hotel but you need to remember that this isn't the Hilton. Its a cheap hotel. So if you want somewhere cheap and decent then this place is good.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2016

I chose this motel because I read some okay reviews about it. Not great but it sounded budget friendly and clean.
It was not clean. It was unsafe. And if you are a female travelling alone, DEFINITELY avoid this place.
I pretty much gave up on budget motels last year and started seeking out Airbnbs. Got tired of being over charged for bad service and not clean rooms. I couldn't find an Airbnb in the part of town I needed to be in so once again looked into budget motels. My bad.
The L Motel is cheap, I will give it that. But, you get what you pay for. What did I pay $45.00 for?
Cracked floor tiles in the bathroom that slid out from under your feet when trying to get in and out of shower. Dirty window sills. Broken switch on lamp. A very cheap and flimsy lock on the door going outside. Huge gaps underneath and on the side of the door. A cut electrical wire protruding from the wall near the bed. Old gross carpeting that hadn't seen a vacuum in a while. Peeling paint all over the place. No screen on the bathroom window. I took pictures of everything.
The young man at the front desk was very nice so I can't fault them on that. But how can anyone with any sense of pride run such a substandard motel and be okay with it? I'd be so ashamed of it.
Next time Airbnb. Or pay more at one of the many other hotels nearby.

Room Tip: Just Don't.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2016

We have stayed at The L Motel many times over the past couple of years and every time we are very happy with the owner(s), staff and our room. It is a quaint little old motel right on the main drag in Flagstaff - just across the street from Granny's Closet and the NAU campus. No frills, or luxurious amenities, but you will find accommodating and friendly management, a clean efficient room, and complimentary continental breakfast every morning in the office!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2016

I usually prefer to use small business merchants. I find they are priced right and offer better service usually. However, our stay at the L was disappointing to say the least. We were given room 119 that is not clean, smells of smoke (asked for non-smoking room) and is in serious need of repairs! The door jam was damaged and barely locked. The ceiling fan is missing the globe and doesn't work. The bathroom tile floor is all broken up and missing grout, tiles are actually sinking through the subfloor. The toilet rocks. Peeling paint everywhere. It is just gross! The train runs all night, thankfully we brought a fan to drown out the noise. The beds are hard as rocks. They have new flat screen tvs but the service times out and "searches for signal" every 3 minutes. The "free internet" is slow (expected) They don't have hair dryers in every room, so I had to wait an hour until they had one free I could borrow. I didn't bother with the free breakfast which was minimal bat best. We just wanted to get out of there! Please, save your money, the low price is NOT worth it!!!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

After reading the reviews, I was scared to tell hubby that I had settled on this. Actually, it was great. Clean, large room. Large bathroom, pet friendly. It's not the Marriott. You want that? Stay there. Want a clean place to rest your head? Stay here. Is it perfect? No. Is it a clean, friendly, ten minute walk to town? Yep. Does it smell? No. It's just a great place to lay your head.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple