New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Courtyard Flagstaff

Courtyard Flagstaff
Ranked #16 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Tokyo
“Bring your ethernet cable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

There is not anything horribly wrong with this hotel. The rooms are clean and it seemed very safe. But it wasn't quite there for us. We were on a three week cross country tour and were a little disappointed in this hotel. First of all, there was no wi-fi in the room and I didn't have a cable. This was the only place that didn't have wi-fi or an ethernet in the room. You had to go to the lobby to use wi-fi. They have changed cable channels so they hand you an overly photographed sheet of paper at check-in with the channels. My son lost the paper, the listing in the room was useless so we had to go back to the lobby to get another. I don't know why they can't put a new sheet in the in-room binder. The hotel was also very large and the distance from our car to our room down winding corridors was inconvenient. We were traveling without my husband so I had to take weeks worth of luggage and two young children myself. A simple walk through the lobby and a short ride up an elevator would have been preferable. There was also no Wall Street Journal. It wasn't horrible and most people might like it but I would try someplace else next time.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dragonmom I
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband and I spent one night and found the newer property, built in 2009, to be well maintained, clean and comfortable. Our room was spacious and overlooked a large patio on the ground floor which had lots of seating and a fire pit. No doubt that area is well used on chilly nights in Flagstaff. This property is conveniently located and the front desk clerk was very helpful with providing printed instructions for us, as the printer in the lobby which is for guest use was not functioning.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ArizonaSuziC
Blumenau
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I was there for two nights. The hotel was our base for a Grand Canyon tour. It's a new property within Marriott standards. Large rooms, high tech lobby, good services, etc.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank nuviBlumenau
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

We decided to spend a night in Flagstaff before heading up to Grand Canyon. The reason why we didn't stay closer to the national park was because we've heard a lot of hotels near Grand Canyon are overpriced and not of very good quality. At Courtyard Flagstaff, we couldn't be happier. The hotel is located near the highway which for me, wasn't a problem. I slept well and didn't hear car noises at all. The room was in good size, with very comfortable beds. I also like the room decor, simple and cute. For the price paid for, I have no doubt it was worth it.
Now comes the cons. One of them is cleanliness. The room and beds were actually clean but what threw me off was the fact that the housekeeper didn't take the leftover from the previous guest out of the fridge. Things like that should never be overlooked. I don't know how long the food were left in there. All I knew is I didn't want to use the fridge. My second complain is I didn't see any body lotion and a shower cap in my bathroom. These are basic bathroom amenities so I don't know if Courtyard normally don't provide these items or housekeepers forgot to put them in there. Despite these misses, I still recommend Courtyard Flagstaff for those who are on their way to Grand Canyon.

Room Tip: If u plan to have breakfast at the hotel, make sure you purchase the breakfast package when you rese...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Asatis
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

This hotel was a very pleasant base for one night - the day before we traveled to the Grand Canyon, flagstaff is a very cute town and surrounded green nature. There are enough restaurants around the hotel in 5 minutes driving.
The hotel is in the high Marriott standard: the room was clean, comfortable beds, good breakfast, nice lobby, good treatment from the staff. We had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family