“Wonderful food and service!”

The Lunchroom at B. McNeel's
Ranked #64 of 486 Restaurants in Murfreesboro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: B. McNeels is casual dining with Southern charm. It is a classic meat and three eatery which offers a table of Southern comfort foods for lunch, such as fried chicken, okra, sweet potatoes, catfish, cheese grits and more. This two story dining establishment sits in a renovated 100-year-old building that was formerly the towns telephone company. It has been highlighted on TN Crossroads and in Southern Living, among other publications.
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We attended a business dinner here on Friday and we were still talking about how good the food was days later. I had the Filet Mignon Oscar and it was just perfect. The potato casserole, asparagus, salad and Banana Foster were all amazing. The appetizers of shrimp, crab cakes and spinach artichoke dip could not have been better. The service was very attentive and the restaurant was lovely. I hope I get the chance to go back. Loved this place!

Date of visit: November 2012

Reviewed 1 November 2012

5 of my coworkers and I placed an order for delivery. The first problem is the delivery person came in with an attitude. The second they messed up the orders and forgot one. Third when she was trying to correct the problem she had even more attitude. Come to find out the delivery person was the OWNER. You would think the owner would like to make a good impression however not in this case. Needless to say when she left I called and canceled the order that she had forgot and said I would never place an order with them again. I understand people have a bad day but she didn't even try to apologize.

Date of visit: November 2012
4  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Great place for lunch, great selections.

My sister and I both had our rehearsal dinners at B.McNeel's. The service was excellent both times! For my rehearsal in June 2010, we chose to create our own menu. All our guests really enjoyed the food, especially those from out of town who had never eaten here before.

My sister's in-laws chose a buffet style meal. My advice: don't do it! It took a while for everyone (~30 people) to go through the line. The buffet takes up a lot of space on the floor, too.

Date of visit: September 2012
2  Thank Kinsey2105
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I don't know where to start, while looking at the eggs that where floating in water, the waitress never explained if we wanted waffles or French toast they were able to make both, my wife and I over heard the waiter tell the table behind us. The historic building was nice to look at but the so called Brunch I'm not sure on.

Date of visit: September 2012
2  Thank Tommy L
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We love this eatery for lunch every time we visit Murfreesboro. We enjoy choosing from each day's new menu. This is fantastic food in the southern tradition. Be sure and save room for dessert. The choices are great.

Date of visit: July 2012