“Brunch”

Ranked #64 of 494 Restaurants in Murfreesboro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: B. McNeels is casual dining with Southern charm. It is a classic meat and three eatery which offers a table of Southern comfort foods for lunch, such as fried chicken, okra, sweet potatoes, catfish, cheese grits and more. This two story dining establishment sits in a renovated 100-year-old building that was formerly the towns telephone company. It has been highlighted on TN Crossroads and in Southern Living, among other publications.
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I don't know where to start, while looking at the eggs that where floating in water, the waitress never explained if we wanted waffles or French toast they were able to make both, my wife and I over heard the waiter tell the table behind us. The historic building was nice to look at but the so called Brunch I'm not sure on.

Date of visit: September 2012
2  Thank Tommy L

Reviewed 14 August 2012

We love this eatery for lunch every time we visit Murfreesboro. We enjoy choosing from each day's new menu. This is fantastic food in the southern tradition. Be sure and save room for dessert. The choices are great.

Date of visit: July 2012
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I have eaten dinner at B. McNeel's a few times and it was always quite good, so we decided to try the Breakfast Buffet. We ordered Bloody Mary's and they were HORRIBLE! Neither of us finished them. The eggs on the buffet were about the same as a Shoney's breakfast bar. The biscuits were dry, the bacon was cooked right between really crisp and burnt. The sausage was some kind of cheap pre-formed frozen patties and also a little over cooked and flavorless. They have made to order waffles, french toast and eggs benedict. My husband ordered a waffle and I ordered eggs benedict. He said his waffle was good, but the egg benedict ( 1 per order) was under cooked, the white of the egg was runny, and the holindase sauce had an over whelming lemon flavor. I only ate a couple of bites.
They had many choices that were more for lunch so we decided to try some thinking that maybe they would be better. We only tried a few things, and while they were a little better, I can't say that they were good. I really hate that is was not good because it left us with a bad taste in our mouths, both literally and figuratively. Now we probably won't ever go back or if we do it will not be for brunch!

Date of visit: July 2012
3  Thank Jan N
Reviewed 26 May 2012

What a lovely historic building to have lunch in. The courtyard tucked away in back is the perfect setting for a relaxed good Southern home cooked meal.

Date of visit: May 2012
Reviewed 28 February 2012

WARNING !!! I am Jewish and got tricked into eating pork. Ordered the Chicken Fried STEAK and it was pork instead. This goes against my religious beliefs. Mentioned to the waiter and he said it's been that way for years. He was from Texas and disagreed with them calling it Chicken Fried Steak since it's not beef. They should more clearly label the food. Fried Pork Loin is totally different from CFS. Imagine those people with heart conditions who cannot eat pork either. Huge legal liability. But on a side note: the chocolate meringue pie was totally sinful.... of course, I'm going to Hell anyways for eating the pork. So I guess I should have had another slice of pie!!!

Date of visit: February 2012