See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

This place is deplorable. We paid $75 a night, filthy dirty. $10 to have phone on. SCAM!!! Bathtub backed up while trying to shower...mold everywhere. Man from maintenance made our bed when we left at 330pm to get food, came back to stuff missing. Next day, a young couple next door called police, they went to store and came back to money missing from room. Bottom line: expensive, filthy, invasive..you should have to rob people like this at gunpoint!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew T
Ms_Maggee_May, Guest Relations Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Thank you for your review of our property. We're very sorry that you weren't;t pleased with your stay with us. We appreciate your letting us know where improvements need to be made and we will do our best to improve. Thank you again.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here on marathon weekend. As soon as we walked in the smell of mildew overwhelmed us. Not surprising considering there was a huge water stain on the ceiling. The bedding had burn holes through out both beds. There was a large urine stain on one of comforters. The towels in the room were rock hard. There are so many things wrong with this motel I can't possibly name all that is wrong with it. The employees were miserable. I always try to say something positive about every place I stay but there are no positives here.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Jaoname
Reviewed 7 October 2016

The stairway was very narrow and unlit. Staff was helpfuk but room smelled bad. We went out and purchased aerosol air freshener to make it bearable. Towel rack was falling off the wall, TV remote would not work. The whole place seemed to be way behind on maintenance.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dan M
Reviewed 7 October 2016

From the time I Walked in the lobby..it seems like a mom and son and not really too professional..she was writing out my bill and adding on a safe fee..I said safe fee? They add it on automatic..Then the room hmmm...cigarette burns all over tub,shower curtain had tons of mold..the sheets were not fresh at all.....for the money...not worth it.....

Room Tip: scary on bottom floor..parking lot dark and near parking garage I would do second floor
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Trish7313
Reviewed 27 September 2016

Check in was easy, the young lady behind the counter who was the only one working checked in the 3 people in line before me smoothly (even with the barrage of questions/requests) and the smile never left her face, even when 2 more people arrived to join the queue. Good job! I don't remember her name but it was 8:45ish on 9/26/16. So please reward her. The room at first appeared just fine til I saw the hair in the tub and not just one. Unfortunately the bed yielded more of the same, what appears to be a mixture of dark human and dog hair and quite a bit of it. I think the sheets have been washed, but there is plenty of hair here - oh well (has anyone cleaned the dryer lint tray recently?) I'm not going to complain to that poor girl at the front who is having to dicker with her guests over the fee for the safe in the room and I am too tired to just drive away and find another room but I will not stay in a Red Carpet facility again.

Stayed: September 2016
2  Thank Martina C
Ms_Maggee_May, Guest Relations Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2016

Thank you for your review of our property. We're very pleased that your check in went well and you had a good experience. We're very sorry that you were not pleased the the cleanliness of your room. I have instructed housekeeping to pay closer attention to their work and our laundry staff to check the lint trays, so that future guests do not experience the same problems. We appreciate you letting us know where we are doing well and where improvements need to be made.