“Decent food/menu, friendly service, convenient to hotel, great sports viewing”

Champions Sports Bar
Ranked #132 of 392 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American
Description: Kick back and relax at Champions Sports Bar, one of the most popular sports bars in Springfield, MA. This lively on-site restaurant offers 20 plasma televisions, a 10-foot screen, live entertainment, exciting drinks and classic American fare.
Reviewed 5 October 2017

You know what you are getting with the chain (okay food, sports viewing) - the food was good, service friendly and prompt, sports-knowledgeable bartender, friendly patrons - a good atmosphere to watch September baseball. I would go back.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

The staff was great, booze was great, food was great. Games on the screens were great. Went there for after dinner drinks on Friday night, Saturday lunch and Sunday night drinks and snacks.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

There were lots of TVs and the bartenders would change the channel to show a game a patron wanted to see. Good selection of beers on tap, including some craft brews. There was good energy and people were having fun. The bartenders were friendly and responsive. Overall, just a typical sports bar/restaurant.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Went on a Sunday afternoon with my family. My son and husband got burgers, which they really enjoyed. It would have been great if they didn't come out 30 minutes apart (somebody forgot to put in the order), but he did enjoy it once it came out. My son liked the waffle fries. I got the Cobb Salad which was 'so-so.' I did like the food better that MVP at the Sheraton, and the waiter was friendly. I would go back the next time we stay at the Sheraton or Marriott, but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat at this restaurant.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

Arrived just before 6 on a weeknight; not many tables taken. Long wait for someone to take order. It wasn't much - burger (medium rare) - waited almost 20 minutes for the burger. Table that came in after me were served their food and still I waited ...for a burger. Finally I watched someone coming toward me ...the anticipation grows...alas went right by...however, the folks he tried to deliver to declined as it was indeed my burger. He then brought it over to me; personally I'd rather my burger not visit others before coming to my table but I try to be philosophical. Their interpretation of medium rare looked well done to me. But at this point, with a meeting to go to, there was no time to ask them to redo which was good because I couldn't have found the server anyway. Never brought drink refill; never even checked to see if I wanted one. Had about two or three bites left when she finally reappeared to and as she breezed by she asked is everything ok, but she didn't actually wait for my answer - or I would have asked for a refill on the drink and might have mentioned the burger. But at some point you accept defeat and move on so I asked for the check. Waited a while. Waited a while longer...finally got the check...and then commenced waiting for my credit card to be processed. Food mediocre. Service non-existent. Seemed like a good idea because we are staying in the hotel but it's back to one of the places just down the street for the rest of our stay.