“Slow service - not worth the wait”

Champions Sports Bar
Ranked #121 of 361 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American
Description: Kick back and relax at Champions Sports Bar, one of the most popular sports bars in Springfield, MA. This lively on-site restaurant offers 20 plasma televisions, a 10-foot screen, live entertainment, exciting drinks and classic American fare.
Reviewed 28 April 2017

Arrived just before 6 on a weeknight; not many tables taken. Long wait for someone to take order. It wasn't much - burger (medium rare) - waited almost 20 minutes for the burger. Table that came in after me were served their food and still I waited ...for a burger. Finally I watched someone coming toward me ...the anticipation grows...alas went right by...however, the folks he tried to deliver to declined as it was indeed my burger. He then brought it over to me; personally I'd rather my burger not visit others before coming to my table but I try to be philosophical. Their interpretation of medium rare looked well done to me. But at this point, with a meeting to go to, there was no time to ask them to redo which was good because I couldn't have found the server anyway. Never brought drink refill; never even checked to see if I wanted one. Had about two or three bites left when she finally reappeared to and as she breezed by she asked is everything ok, but she didn't actually wait for my answer - or I would have asked for a refill on the drink and might have mentioned the burger. But at some point you accept defeat and move on so I asked for the check. Waited a while. Waited a while longer...finally got the check...and then commenced waiting for my credit card to be processed. Food mediocre. Service non-existent. Seemed like a good idea because we are staying in the hotel but it's back to one of the places just down the street for the rest of our stay.

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

We staying at the Marriott with 900 others. I stopped for a late lunch and was pleasantly surprised at the bacon cheese burger. It was cooked as asked and the fries were piping hot. This is the first visit to the restaurant but it always is good. Yes I'll return on my next visit.

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

Bouncers should not be bartenders. You are suppose to know your products, not throw them at the customer. I had chicken wings and ended up sleeping the next day unable to function. Stomach pain and gas. No fun. Great pharmacy next door. Marriott was very kind and credited me with 4000 points.

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

I really enjoyed my Blackened Fish sandwich, which was served with fries, a perfect pickle, and awesome coleslaw. I enjoyed my meal so much that I returned and ordered the same thing.

The service was terribly slow, though. While it was not a terribly busy night, I believe they were understaffed, on the floor AND the kitchen. I waited almost a half of an hour for my food to come out. The server never had time to refill my water in the 90 minutes that I was there.

Fortunately there were really good football games on to keep me from walking.

Reviewed 13 June 2016

Same fare you'd expect in a sports bar.
Chicken fingers, wings, burgers, sandwiches. Nothing stands out, but it was ok.