“Museum Day with the KIds”

Springfield Museums
Ranked #2 of 47 things to do in Springfield
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Springfield Museums, located in the heart of downtown Springfield, Massachusetts, is comprised of four world-class museums covering art, history, and science, plus the Dr. Seuss National Memorial Sculpture Garden.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 10 November 2017

It is always a great day at the Springfield Museums.
I've been taking my son there since he was little, as well as my niece and nephews.
They always enjoy the visit.

1  Thank yes2fit
SpringfieldMuseums, Administrative and Digital Media Associate at Springfield Museums, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Hi! Thank you so much for your kind words! We're glad to hear that you always enjoy your visits to the Museums. We can't wait to see you again soon!

All reviews
"free admission"
in 5 reviews
"local history"

Reviewed 16 October 2017

The history of the Springfield area is quite fascinating. I was surprised to find out items I used during my childhood came from Springfield.
This area has several museums that will allow you to visit with the one paid admission. Please inquire at this museum first.

SpringfieldMuseums, Digital Media Admin at Springfield Museums, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Thanks for the review! Visit us again soon!

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Great place and great memories, but the place has not changed in 25 years! its the same as when I was a kid!

SpringfieldMuseums, Digital Media Admin at Springfield Museums, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Hi Jsei7-- Thank you for the review. Sorry that the Museums were not as updated as you would like. We would love to know more about your thoughts on changes. We recently added our fifth museum (Amazing World of Dr. Seuss), with the History Museum having only opened in 2009. Our Museums also feature traveling exhibits, including Smithsonian exhibits (such as Jeweled Objects of Desire in the DMFA). Feel free to email us at info@springfieldmuseums.org and reference this review. We would love to hear more about ways we can improve upon your experience.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

My husband and I were here in Springfield for the weekend with another couple. The guys had a convention to go to so my friend and I left the Sheraton for probably and 5 minute walk. OMG! We didn't have enough time to see everything. We are definitely are going back. I am getting a season pass for my niece and her family for Christmas. She will love it!

1  Thank teatimekids

Hi teatimekids-- Thank you so much for the review! We are so glad you stumbled upon us and can't wait for you to come back and explore more.

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 September 2017

We intended only to visit the Dr. Seuss museum, but since we had a few hours to spare decided to visit the art museum. We were in for a surprise. Beautiful museum with great architecture. Interesting exhibits, especially for children. Definitely did not expect to find sure treasures in a small town.
We also visited the history museum to see the Indian Motorcycle exhibit. We also learnt a lot about Springfield's rich industrial history in automotive and aviation.

1  Thank BertonU

Hi BertonU-- Thank you for the great review. We are often hearing that people who came for Seuss were pleasantly surprised by how much we had to offer and this makes us so happy. We hope you will be back soon to do some further exploring!

Been to Springfield Museums? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK