All reviews room was clean in town free breakfast stored our luggage three blocks arrived hours early main lobby open hours place to sleep blue bus central location and friendly staff within walking distance yogurt cold cereal hot water queen size nice size
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Friendly, helpful staff giving good suggestions and excellent directions added to this clean, quiet and convenient property in Sitka. While internet in our room was a bit slow, we had no glitches. Breakfast was ok— yogurt, packets of oatmeal, individual boxes of Raisin Bran, individually packaged cinnamon rolls and bread that we could toast were available. Regular coffee in a pot (no decaf), tea bags, packages of cocoa and hot water along with pitchers of orange juice and apple juice were out as well. Eggs or pancakes and fruit would have been nice.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Philip R, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Sitka, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for you feedback.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

We overnighted here before catching a cruise and found the motel a good standard. It has the typical dark furbishings but everything was clean and comfortable. It is on the edge of town, and within walking distance of everything you need.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback. We hope that you enjoyed your time in Sitka as well as your Alaska Cruise.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

We arrived early courtesy of Alaska Air's quirky scheduling. At the front desk was Heather who stored our luggage and provided us early check in which was definitely appreciated. She was also a wealth of accurate information on the sights and eateries of Sitka.
Our room was spacious, the bed was very comfortable, the complimentary breakfast was on the spartan side but still appreciated. The location is excellent because virtually everything in Sitka worth seeing is eminently walkable.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words. We strive to provide a clean, comfortable and friendly environment for our guests.

Reviewed 28 July 2018

This is a basic motel. In most places in the U.S. it would cost half as much. It is located a few blocks away from the small boat harbor, so is adequately convenient to downtown but probably quieter. Our room lacked a closet and had a bedside table on one side of the bed only. The included breakfast was very marginal so we walked three blocks to the Westmark.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Wanted a reasonably priced room for two nights. Found that they were charging me 30 dollars more than the guys in line even though I booked in advance to secure a low price. I mentioned this at the counter signing in. They didn’t care...it was more like, “Ha! Gotcha sucker.”

My wife and I came back to our room the first afternoon and found they didn’t make the beds. I called front desk and they said it should have been done and they were sorry but weren’t going to fix it.
At 150+ a night I want my room cleaned and new towels; I don’t think that’s asking too much.

When I visited front desk about the Sitka Shuttle number (for ferry and airport), they said they had no info on it. I found a shuttle later and they said ll the hotels have their number and a notice posted in every lobby.

The staff are lazy. They overcharge. Go somewhere else and save yourself a headache and some money.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple