All reviewsdock shackcorner roomfitness roomvery nice place to staylincoln streetcomfortable roomshuttle servicesmall boatconvenient locationhotel restaurantwould stay againwithin walking distanceairportinternetmicrowavedeck
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

When we checked into the hotel we had low expectations. The reception area was soulless and small.
As we walked through the corridors we just hoped the room was clean BUT were pleasantly surprised when we opened the door !
Our room was spacious, the beds were comfortable ( including the sofa bed !) and having a spa and a shower was a bonus !

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2017

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Totem Square Hotel. We had a 3rd Floor Corner Room with an amazing view of the harbor. The room was very clean and comfortable, and we slept well with the windows open for ventilation. The onsite restaurant had a great view of the harbor and delicious food but a limited menu, but the breakfasts were fantastic! The wait staff was wonderful and efficient. I wish that the shuttle service provided by the hotel went to the Alaskan Marine Highway Ferry Service terminal as well as the airport, because the bus service was pricey.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbor view, if possible.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2017

Check in was a breeze and they let me check in 9am with no charge. Room was fine however I was the last room closest to the street facing parking lot and Pioneer Bar. It was warm in the room and with no AC had window open during my stay. The Pioneer Bar (P Bar) is local bar that is the last stop for many and noise with window open will wake you up and keep you up. The hotel Bar Dock Shack was nice and all employees of hotel were great. Would stay again but might try Sitka Hotel or Westmark first. In defense of hotel I didn't complain to them about noise or ask to change my room as I was there only 2 nights and was hopeful that first night wasn't going to happen second night. Wishful thinking. I am all but certain they would have made attempts to change my room.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for one evening after our fishing excursion at Angling Unlimited .

Now I travel for a living and usually stay at Westins and Autograph collection hotels due to work so I may be a little biased.

I can say the staff was great to deal with . The room was dated , but it was clean and comfortable . The TV was small and the internet was not the best ( please upgrade the wifi) we are in the age of the internet

The breakfast buffet was very good.

If you are looking for a clean and efficient hotel this is a good place to stay

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2017

I accidentally got upgraded to a corner room on the 4th floor, overlooking the harbor. The views were amazing! Had dinner in the hotel restaurant, which was affordable and delicious. The View on the outside deck of the restaurant was equally as gorgeous, but a little chilly: bring your jacket! The staff was warm and friendly. Location is perfect for visiting. Shops and downtown right around the corner. Sitka farmer's market just down the street every other weekend. Internet connection was very poor, however.

Room Tip: Choose a room nearer to the waterfront, instead of the road. A bar is right across the street from hotel, which can get loud.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business