All reviews coho salmon brought home yellow eye fish filet king salmon repeat customers flight home return trip four days boxes downriggers mist pounds freezer kings lbs
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Fished 4 days - Aug 2 thru 5. Outstanding facilities, super organized. Rooms clean and comfortable. Came home with 76 lbs of salmon and halibut filets. Only complaint was our captain did not do as well as others on a total catch basis.
Some minor suggestions: put more coat hangers in closets and add more towel racks in the bathroom.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 6907Pete
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Did a 3 day fishing package in Sitka in June. Had a great guide and caught 85 pounds of filets. Halibut, King Salmon, Coho Salmon and a few Yellow Eye.
This lodge is very well organized and the food is pretty good. The lodge handles a lot of people and can also accommodate pretty large groups. I would come back !

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Wow! Just wow! Friends invited me to join them for 4 days of fishing in Sitka Alaska. Our entire experience was orchestrated by the folks at Kingfisher Charters and I literally cannot say enough about how perfect was every aspect. They thought of everything! ...from great lodging, fine dining, an incredible captain and boat for just the four of us and the friendly camaraderie among all the guests and staff, to the excellent service provided at every opportunity. And I haven't even mentioned yet core attraction: the beauty of Alaska and pure joy of being out on the water... and the amazing fish we brought home. We arrived a few days early and explored Sitka too. Pricey but worth every penny!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank cjwill16
Reviewed 4 June 2017

My husband planned this family trip for him and his two boys. Somehow I found myself reluctantly saying yes to going. It was one of the most memorable life time experiences I have had. Every member of the lodge staff was outstanding. They (meaning the staff) took care of every little detail (seriously- every detail) so all we had to do was get up in the morning and after eating a great breakfast, was to go fishing. Lunch of designer sandwiches with chips and oversized cookies were provided for lunch, appetizers delivered to our room before dinner and upscale quality meal provided every evening. The fishing was great. We caught our limits every day, our fish was packed and ready to check in at the airport upon our departure. Our captain Dave and his black lab Ranger made certain we enjoyed the best fishing experience one could hope for.

Room tip: The lodge units: large flat screen, comfy sofas, dining area, full on kitchen. each bedroom had its own full bath room and w/d
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank magnolia387
Reviewed 28 February 2017

Great overall fishing experience! The captains are all excellent (though the size of the boats vary), the lodges (there are several) are all well-maintained, not luxurious (I was looking at Talon - also in Sitka - which is more upscale) but more than you will probably need since you are up at dawn, back by 6pm and usually exhausted by 9pm.
The food is hearty and abundant - again not fancy but good enough. The staff, a mix of regulars and new summer additions (college kids) are always helpful and friendly as well (so if you do go, tip well - they deserve it). The real dates of my trips were July 13, june 15 as I go on the "odd": years

Room tip: This is really a true fishing lodge experience - not a hotel.
Date of stay: June 2016