“Ew. I need to stop being so cheap . . .”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Budget Inn

Budget Inn
Ranked #10 of 14 Luray B&B and Inns
State College, Pennsylvania
“Ew. I need to stop being so cheap . . .”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2009

I was definitely led by my pocketbook on this one. I kind of regret it. Arrived in Luray at 11pm, needing a simple place to sleep. $45/night. Nice! And it looked relatively secure. The Best Western is right next door. I assumed it would be 2x as much. As I walked in the room and turned on the light, I noticed an extremely smokey flavor/odor in the air (non-smoking room. maybe it's on a night-by-night basis??). Then I saw the roach on the ceiling. Not one of the big nasty ones, but a roach none-the-less. After killing that w/ the phone book, I was about to go back and get my money back to go next door. But I didn't. The shower was okay. Hardwood floors. The sheets seemed clean enough. Good TV channel selection. If it were a bit cleaner, I would stay there again. But just a little too much on the creepy-crawly side for a return stay or recommendation. Nothing else was all that bad, but I felt kind of gross all night. Oh. And the window in the bathroom didn't lock. In fact, is was slightly ajar. That was creepy. It was a small-ish window, so would be difficult to get in, but someone could pretty easily. That's pretty creepy, too.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bakersfield
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2007

Since my cheap dad was paying, we wound up at the Budget Inn last summer.
Bre & I will never forget the motel. We agree with the smell, but the manager quickly moved us into a better room, with the bug spray smell!~ it was one of the funniest experiances of our lives, so we are soo glad we met James, the manager.
James, you have a great sense of humor & a fantastic personality. You made our stay- & thanks for the Little Debbies coffee cakes for breakfast.
And if ever I were to find myself in Luray, I would stay there again, altho my daughter thinks otherwise. Heck, she goes where I go! Thanks for the laughs. Lynne

• Liked — the manager's sense of humor
  • Disliked — the smell, even the parking lot reeked!
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Travellers are raving about these Luray hotels

Rome, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2007

Do yourself a massive favour and stay elsewhere. Even the street would be preferable. Writing about all the faults of this hotel would be too long to do and I don't want to think about it anymore!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The itching feeling!!
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with friends
Summit Point, West Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2005

It was a Saturday night, and the only place in town or nearby with a room left. $69.95 for a king-sized bed shoved in a twin room, but we were desperate. The musty smell upon opening the door we could live with, it was the two bugs with those long backward antennae that sent us calling for the owner. He called them water bugs, we called them roaches. He gave us a double room for the same price...weren't we lucky, as there was no where else to go nearby!
No bugs in the new room, but the smell remained. We slept in our clothes, ontop of the bedcovers.
We used the water in the bathroom sink (just a sink, no vanity to place anything) to quickly wash, but since the cloths and towels were stored in this rusty rack, and the shower curtain was stained with mildew, it was mostly brush our teeth. The tile wall bulged out along side the toilet. Other little things, like all the bugs in the bathroom light fixture, part of the mirror frame missing, the homemade coffee brought over from the owner's apartment, along with little packages pastries (something like Little Debbies) brought out for the continental breakfast...and did I mention the horrible, wet, old smell?

4 Thank BJNS
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
0.2 km away
Hotel Laurance
#3 of 9 in Luray
23.2 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock

Been to Budget Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK