“Nice Place good customer service”
Review of Budget Inn

Budget Inn
Ranked #10 of 14 Luray B&B and Inns
Fairfax, Virginia
“Nice Place good customer service”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We had plan ot visit the Luray and we decided to stay in town for a night. We did not make reservation with any hotel after dinner we looked for few places then we arrived to the budget Inn right in the down-town, We had idea about the rate in town and about other places including name brand hotel.

The manager at the front desk greated us nicely and made us feel comfortable. They showed us the room prior to renting and explained that we are new management starting from last year and definetely the place was quite nice, clean and good for the value. I was not expecting a spa treatment but a simple good night sleep and this place had both GOOD price and comfortable room.
He had explanined that we do not have good review on the trip advisor due to previous owner but please do write what you feel to justify our service. The picture showed here is not accurate this must be some another place you can visist the website for the Luray budget inn at www.newluraybudgetinn.com . This is nice place for a good night sleep and continue your adventure with your family.

Room Tip: You can see the room being rented before you check-in it is quite family orinted place.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Timir M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed 19 October 2011

The folks who ran the place were very nice and polite. They did not tell us that they were out of soap! And when we inquired, they said it matter-of-fact, that the shipment would not arrive until the next day. We were told to use the little packets of shampoo (packets, like what ketchup and mustard come in). This was astounding that they did not have the business sense to go up to Walmart and buy some soap for the guests staying there until the shipment would arrive. This was a Sunday, and we went to a tourist shop and bought a $5 bar of artisan soap. While there was no evidence of bed bugs, thankfully, the room was very musty and all of our clothes smelled of mildew. I would not recommend staying at this place. Paying extra is worth it -- the towels were threadbare, and the rooms were so small that there was no place to store your stuff. One appreciates having a fridge and microwave, but that meant less space.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hiker_5258202

Travellers are raving about these Luray hotels

Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 22 August 2011

The bed and breakfast I had planned to stay at was full - so I drove from Washington, VA to Luray looking for a reasonable place to spend the night - the sign "Vets Welcome" drew me in. I realized from the outward appearance of this property that I would not be spending the night at the Ritz-Carlton, however, I was greeted by an extremely pleasant and helpful young woman who was in charge of the front desk who charged me $59.95 for the night - total with tax was $65.95. The room was a bit run down, but clean and functional. There was absolutely no evidence of bedbugs or any other insects (as noted in previous reviews) and I did indeed check for them - very thoroughly. The bed was comfortable and I slept well. In the morning they offer coffee and pastries. Sooooo - if you are not fussy and are looking for a reasonable place to spend a night in downtown Luray on the main drag - this motel should work for you.

Room Tip: I would think all of the rooms are about the same in this proerty.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 9 July 2011

I'm a thru-hiker and i was just making a stop in Luray looking for a place to spend the night. Having been camping for a couple days by myself, i thought i would head into some sort of civilization to stock up and just mess around. I read the reviews for this place and they were all horrifying, but i didn't really wanna spend that much money and i figured ive already been in the wilderness with all sorts of bugs and whatnot, so i'd check it out anyway - it was definitely the cheapest place i'd heard of and they offered a hiker discount, so why not? i asked to check out a room before i rented it and to be honest, it wasn't as bad as i expected. there was a orange-like smell in the room and and it was pretty clean. they had just installed wi-fi, and that was on the fritz (not working), and the bathroom was small, but other than that, there was nothing i could really complain about. i would say by the outside appearance, this place might look unappealing, but inside the rooms, its just like anyplace else pretty much. i'd recommend it to anyone looking for an inexpensive overnight stay in a ridiculously small mountain town.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank monstarr1990
Amenia, NY
Reviewed 27 June 2010

Ok, so for the price I did not expect much, all I really needed was a bed and a shower. But the bed was loaded with bed bugs!!! I slept but woke up with bites all over me. Disgusting! I have stayed in much nicer rooms for the same price. This place was shoddy and falling apart. That part didnt bother me so much, but bedbugs were just too much. Seeing that the owners drove nice BMW's, it's clear that their priorities were not cleanliness of rooms!! Spend a few extra bucks and leave this place alone!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
2.1 km away
11.0 km away
Skyland
Skyland
#1 of 1 in Shenandoah National Park

Been to Budget Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK