Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast
Hotels.com
Budget Inn(Luray)
US$ 88
US$ 77
The Mimslyn Inn(Luray)(Great Value!)
US$ 177
US$ 166
Woodruff House Bed & Breakfast(Luray)(Great Value!)
US$ 160
US$ 103
The Inn of the Shenandoah(Luray)(Great Value!)
US$ 145
TripAdvisor
Agoda.com
All reviewsrosebud cottagehank wileypicnic basketmy husband and ipeach french toasteach morningsticky bunsget awayperfect hostsrolling hillsthe main houseshenandoah valleyold friendshome away from homecouples massageskyline drivewrap around porch
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Hank and Wiley were both very pleasant and friendly. You could tell by talking to them, they were passionate about their B&B. It also showed walking around the house and grounds. Everything was meticulously placed and spotless. They seem to have thought of everything. I felt like I was somebody during my stay.
During check-in they asked if we had been to Luray before. What were our plans during our stay. They had taken the time to print out maps and marked key places they thought their guest may enjoy. It was very helpful. They also gave us some local tips of places to eat at and to avoid. At breakfast they made a point to ask us how the night before was, what we did, and our opinions of the places we might have stopped.
We had a not so nice time at one restaurant. Hank said he was going to make a call to the place and tell them they would stop recommending them, til they hear better news.
My wife is already thinking when we can pay Hank and Wiley another visit.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Piney Hill is like the fine wine of Bed and Breakfasts. Hank and Wiley thought through every minute of our stay and how to make us happy and relaxed ... and they appeared to enjoy every minute of it! Within moments of our arrival at their beautifully renovated farmhouse (outdoor lights gave the house a winter sparkle), we were whisked into Hank and Wiley's warm cozy world, and within a few more minutes, we were traipsing out to the jacuzzi with our glasses of wine in the snow. Really magical. We mentioned before our visit that we were looking for locations to have our wedding but didn't know our way around. The next morning, by my breakfast plate, were directions to the nearby farm where we had an appointment. That is just one example of the ways Hank and Wiley went out of their way to help us get to the know the area. They gave really helpful restaurant recommendations and were full of entertaining local tidbits (just ask Hank for "what he's heard lately" about the local eateries and wineries). My fiance and I had romantic moments and fun communal breakfasts with other guests. The setting was rustic - mountains in the background and cows milling around the neighbor's farm - but our stay at Piney Hill really also felt wonderfully decadent. The breakfasts were magnificent, the room was really comfortable (in fact, we cozied up to watch a movie the first night instead of going out), and the house and grounds were just beautiful. After our amazing weekend with Hank and Wiley, we decided to get married in Luray. Piney Hill will be our top recommendation for wedding guests!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Walking into the Piney Hill B&B from the cold one gets the feeling that you are in a warm and welcoming home. It doesn't take long for Hank and Wiley to appear, and THEN you know that you're home! They both are so warm and amicable. Our room (the Walter Rogers room) was warm and comfortable with a spacious bathroom. From the two windows there are views of the surrounding hills and fields. The gourmet breakfasts were delicious. There was plenty of food to carry you through to dinner! Speaking of dinner, there are plenty of restaurants to go to in downtown Luray (a 15 minute drive from Piney Hill). Hank and Wiley willingly provide you with a run down of the restaurants in town with the latest reviews of each. I have stayed in several B&Bs over the years. This surely has to rank at the top. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My wife and I stayed in the Rosebud cottage at Piney Hill based purely on the recommendation of a friend, and we were NOT disappointed. In fact, we plan to visit here again. It was a visit in January, so there wasn't a lot of outdoor activities to enjoy, so I can't speak to that. But, the hospitality by the Innkeepers (Wiley and Hank) was everything we want in a B&B. Warm and welcoming, but not overbearing. There to meet your every need, but happy to give you your privacy. The whole place has a comfortable welcoming feel. Artfully decorated and yet homey. The cottage is idyllic. Lots of privacy, and spacious and outfitted with everything we needed. The breakfast is delivered in a basket each morning, and it is delicious! We brought our own coffee, and used the drip coffee maker in the cottage, which suits me just fine!

Lastly, we got great recommendations from the Innkeepers, who know the area well. Each recommendation was spot on. We toured the caverns, which is spectacular. But, now that we've done that we won't need to do it on our next visit. More time to relax!

Room Tip: The rosebud cottage is the best!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill S
Reviewed 13 December 2011

This was my first time at a B&B, and I am hooked! I took my boyfriend for a weekend getaway for his birthday, and it was so much more than we expected. The views surrounding the Inn are quaint countryside, rolling hills, farm animals, and beautiful open skies. It's very convenient to the downtown area with fantastic restaurant options.

Hank and Wiley were so warm and welcoming, and made me feel right at home in their home. They are very helpful and friendly, recommending local restaurants and fun things to do in the area. And they can cook a mean breakfast!

We stayed in the Rosebud Cottage which felt like a home away from home. I loved the cookies and our yummy chocolate cake that magically appeared on the kitchen table! :) Breakfast was out of this world, I was dancing around in my chair when I was eating the pumpkin cream cheese stuffed french bread. YUM!

I cannot wait to go back! If you are looking for something really special to share with a loved one, you cannot go wrong with Piney Hill B&B.

Thanks Hank and Wiley! See you next year. :)

Room Tip: The Rosebud Cottage is beautifully appointed and offers a great deal of privacy for a very special and romantic getaway.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple