1,082 results
All reviews speakeasy restaurant front porch historic hotel third floor blue ridge suite pool and hot tub lobby bar the main dining room speak easy southern charm my husband and i skyline drive the cottages shenandoah valley rocking chairs king bed one night stay
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I visit Luray Virginia every year and this is the best Hotel I have ever stayed in the Luray surrounding area. Its beautiful on the outside and charming and exquisite on the inside.
The hotel seems to grow more beautiful year after year. This is my 6th visit to the hotel.
Also the the people that work their are so nice and make you feel so welcome. I remember
a few employees like Crystal, David and Mr. Paul. I also must mention that the meals at the Mimslyn are the best in town !!

I look forward to my next visit at the Mimslyn and hope to stay there even longer.

Thank you for making my stay so wonderful : o )

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Room was a bit on the small side and had a funny layout. The television set did not work properly and they sent in the doorman to help fix it. Thought it was fixed but ruined a night sleep by the broken television making a crackling sound. Dining room is terrific but only open certain nights and then you have to go to the casual restaurant downstairs where the food is average. Good place to stay but not worth the rate. Breakfast in the main dining area is a major plus.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I travel a lot and I've been to many 4-5 star resorts. One thing that makes those resorts stand out is the customer service. Mimslyn Inn does just that. The customer service was AWESOME! Everybody was so nice and friendly and was willing to go the extra mile. I definitely recommend this cozy little place to just get away from the hustle and bustle of the DC area.

The food was good and so was the wine tasting which I did do. I used Living Social but I would definitely go back with or without a Living Social deal.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Our daughter felt that my wife and I needed a nice trip so she surprised us with a truly wonderful gift of two nights at The Mimslyn Inn. We live within two hours of Luray so I rode my Harley motorcycle and my wife came by car with our luggage. The first day we traveled by motorcycle the beautiful Skyline Drive that is a very short drive from the hotel. The second day we visited Luray Caverns. The food and service at the hotel was excellent so we refrained from going out to eat. Live entertainment in the evenings was very good. A very serene atmosphere at this beautifully restored historic hotel. We will be doing a return trip.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Great stay using Groupon rates. I don't know if it's worth it full price. Nice central location to see the Caverns and Shenandoah Valley. The BIG front porch is delightful to have a drink and meet new friends

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple