“Don't go this week!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Luray
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Luray
Ranked #1 of 15 Speciality Lodging in Luray
DC Suburb
“Don't go this week!”
Reviewed 15 April 2012 via mobile

So yea it's a great campground...it's NOT Disney! However we showed up this week to discover they remain under fireban! Why isn't this posted on your website? We wouldn't have gone....camping just isnt camping without afire! ESP when its cold! Call before you go! You really need a golf cart here or you will walk your legs off. I guess you could use your bikes. The rangers are strict! Bathhouses are very clean but closed for almost 3 hrs everyday to clean. That is incontinent! Bring candy bars for bingo. Bring white t shirts for tie dye.

Stayed April 2012
3 Thank CoCoMocha
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 6 April 2012

This was our first camping trip as a family. I'm SO glad we picked this place. The campsites were a little crowded, but we weren't expecting a lot of privacy at a resort campground with all the hook-ups. We stayed at a deluxe tent site in April (off-season) and it was great. There was plenty for my kids (ages 7 & 2) to do even in the off season (jumping pillow, playground, paddle boats, mini golf...). Our site had a nice view of the mountains. We drove out to Skyline Drive about 10 minutes away, and hiked Stony Man Mountain, which was a nice easy hike with the kids. All of the staff was friendly at Jellystone and we didn't have any problems.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lalagoe
Virginia
Reviewed 8 February 2012

If you haven't tried Jellystone, we highly recommend it, as you do not have to be a "camper" to enjoy this family-friendly campground with activities from preschool through teen. They have jumping pillows and laser tag, and themed weekends throughout the open season. We traditionally love to go during on of their Halloween weekends, and the kids prefer Jellystone to staying home and trick-or-treating. The staff is fantastic, and they go all out to just "make fun."

The evening atmosphere is terrific with campfirs everywhere and people talking, drinking and kids running around. There is room, everywhere, for kids to explore, climb, run, kick a ball, play in the sand, just what kids need on any weekend.

We enjoy renting a cabin so that we don't have to worry about strange weather rolling in, but talking a walk through the campground, you can see that whether in a tent or an RV, everyone is very comfortable.

I grew up traveling across country in KOAs, so I really appreciate the fact that Jellystone has clean bathrooms, safe shower rooms and a gated entrance. We have also now had two birthday parties here.

I rated value at four stars because the cabin prices are getting steep. Obviously, it's a little house versus a hotel room, but we can't go as often as we used to because the cabin prices are a bit steep. However, it does include (depending on the type you get) anywhere from a bathroom to a kitchen. I rated Sleep QUality a four because the mattresses in the cabin are truly, truly uncomfortable, but you are so exhausted from the day, you'll typically sleep. We have learned now, from our many travels to the site, that at least for me, I will bring an extra sleeping pad or foam eggcrate mat for my bed, topped with a sleeping bag for even more fluff and then my bedding. My back can't take an uber-firm bed anymore. The kids don't care, but for anyone who is older than 30, bring some extra padding. The other thing that I understand is that the mattresses are completely encased in hard vinyl - to make them easy to clean and virtually impermiable to bacteria and bugs. After my Girl Scout troop and I got lice from cabin stays in Catharpin (State park, not a Jellystone property), with "real" fiber mattresses and polyester pillows, I appreciate plastic covered stuff and I spray everything when I arrive. However, just not comfy.

I chose four stars for rooms, just because for the price, the cabins are tight - especially the economy ones. Despite everything, the cabins are clean and just a fun time.

Room Tip: There's no need to spend money on the Deluxe cabin if you plan no-cook meals or have a propane s...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Our 4 family-courtesy of Groupon-first timers at camping adventure. We came after work on a Friday and within hours were enchanted by our cabins, the mountains, the fresh air and the stillness of it all. We made soup for dinner and ate it by the campfire while the kids ran around the huge field with their glow sticks and lanterns. We roasted marshmallows, listened to music, had a cookout the next day. Perfect time of year. No bugs. General store was helpful and affordable. Bought the one day wristband and paddle boats, mini golf and laser tagged the day away. Played bingo, arts and crafts, jumped on the bouncy pillow and rode the wagon ride. Absolutely fabulous trip. Only negative is the mattress was thin and uncomfortable, but hey we're "camping" right? Recommend this vacay spot highly. We were in the cabin with the kitchenette, which I couldn't have managed without.

• Stayed September 2011
Reviewed 26 August 2011

We were there to explore the National Park. It's a wonderful RV Park. We're coming back next year.

• Stayed May 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
6.6 km away
4.4 km away
The Cardinal Inn
The Cardinal Inn
#4 of 9 in Luray

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Luray? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK