“Delicious and Healthy Pu Pu Platter and more!”
Review of shoyu restaurant

shoyu restaurant
Ranked #15 of 117 Restaurants in Saugus
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 7 January 2018

As a born and bred North Shore girl, I grew up loving Pu Pu Platters...there's nothing in the Mid-Atlantic quite like it. This time we were hungry and on the road, so we tried someplace new. What a wonderful surprise!

I'm not a healthy freak, and I want food to taste GOOD...and Shoyu managed to create absolutely delicious food that I still felt great about eating when we were finished!

I've never had fried rice with fresher veggies, and everything on the pupu platter was amazing. My teens were excited to return as well as my husband.

Can't wait to visit again on our next trip north!

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

For being in a strip mall, this place is absolutely delicious! We got the shrimp fried rice, vegetable lo mein & general gau (cho) chicken and it was all prepared perfectly! We got spring & egg rolls and they weren’t greasy at all! The egg roll was served with a really good wasabi mustard. All our food was full of flavor. We definitely highly recommend this place & would definitely stop here again if we were ever in the area!

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

This restaurant has a mix of Japanese & Thai food. The service was excellent, as well as, the food. Reasonably priced & good portions. Will definitely go back again.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Clean, quiet place with good food & nice waitstaff along route 1. Great for after landing in Logan when heading north.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

You can almost miss this gem since it's in a strip mall and can tend to be categorized in crappy chinese fast food. However, don't be fooled. We've gotten take out several times and have not been disappointed. I feel that if the take out is great then the in-dining must be great, too. And, I'm happy to report it is! The true chinese flavors come shining through when time is taken to make a dish from scratch and this is true when it comes to fried rice. I can almost ALWAYS judge a restaurant on just their fried rice. ShoYu passes with flying colors. Nice selection of chinese and japanese dishes My hubbie and two kids dined there for dinner; the pork fried rice was delish and fresh, Kung Pao was authentic (not gooey), lobster sauce tasted great and wasn't salty; my daughter and I had the bento boxes: one teriyaki salmon and one chicken....we both felt the sauce was a bit too gooey but overall, all items in the box were tasty. We skipped dessert and appetizers. Prices were great too. Atmosphere was jcomfy and staff was pleasant.