“Always good food, great price”
Review of Border Cafe

Border Cafe
Ranked #6 of 115 Restaurants in Saugus
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Southwestern, Cajun & Creole, Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

This place is known for their TexMex. It does remind us of Texas. Food is good. Get a margarita. They serve you chips and salsa. I was lucky to get warm chips! Buy their queso. You can't go wrong with the menu but try the fajitas. Seafood enchiladas. Steak & blue cheese salad. Enjoy!

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

We went here with some family members that live near by. It's a great place. I had chimichurri steak. Rice and beans were good. Chimichurri sauce was okay. It could have had more cilantro, for my liking. I had the sangria, also good. Others in my group ordered fajitas. Everyone enjoyed their selections.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Very nice restaurant , they serve for free tortilla chips with sauce , but my food came looking like it was heated in the microwave , it wasn't fresh . Kind disappointed this time .

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped here on a whim. For a family of two adults, one teen, and two younger kids, you can eat quite plentifully. We ordered the fajitas for two, which when paired with an appetizer of queso and chips, was more than enough for our family of five.

The fajitas for two (we got chicken and steak mixed) came with plenty of charred onions, which were delicious, but no peppers. There were two small bowls of black beans and two small bowls of rice, which was excellent. There was also a plate with pico de gallo, cheese, lettuce, and sour cream. We asked for guacamole for .95 extra. There were 8-10 flour tortillas. We were served with complimentary chips and salsa, which were great. We also, as I mentioned, ordered chips and queso to share. This, along with two adult size sodas and two kid lemonades, came to $41.00, not including tax or tip.

Service was excellent. We got a spot right away on a Saturday afternoon. It was busy and full of people, but service was still on-point.

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

I get why this place is always packed - it's a huge restaurant, cheap, and the portions are massive. Our food came so quickly after we ordered you know it's not good. But the taste and quality were bad, bad, bad.

Been to Border Cafe? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK