TownePlace Suites Thousand Oaks Ventura County
La Quinta
Average 3/5
US$ 171
Great 4.5/5
Palm Garden Hotel(Thousand Oaks)
US$ 200
US$ 193
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
US$ 73
  • Pool
US$ 67
US$ 60
All reviewsfull size fridgeweekend staytwo bedroom suitenice front desk staffnice pool areabusiness tripbagelsrooms are nicepresidential libraryvery nice staybreakfast roommake your own wafflesdecent hoteleasy accessparking lotkitchenettedishwasher
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 April 2011

I'd give this place an 8/10.

PROS:
Close to the freeway but just far enough that we didn't hear any traffic noise
Room was clean, good shower pressure, kitchen well-stocked
Decent fitness center...even had a small unit for doing some weights
In N Out Burger a few doors down :)

CONS:
Horribly uncomfortable bed
Room decor is just starting to show a tiny bit of wear
Free breakfast was a bit sparse in its offerings
Internet was SOOOOO slow!

We would stay again as the price was great for what we got in return. We had family business to attend to in Simi Valley and the hotels there were horribly expensive and this one in Thousand Oaks was an easy 15 minute drive to Simi.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
AmandaParrish, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Thousand Oaks Ventura County, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and that you will return. We are very close to many local attractions and offer the benefits of suite style Real Living at a great value. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 1 November 2010

Stayed one night at a rate of $129 plus taxes.

Having driven 5.5 hours from San Jose the last thing i needed at 9:30pm was to find no-one on check-in with a little sign saying the staff was 'assisting other guests'. 10 minutes later the lady wandered up and repaid me politely expressing my displeasure at being kept waiting so long by allocating me an 'accessible' room. I'm a Marriott gold member. I'm not amused.

Exhausted I went straight to bed and was woken up in the middle of the night by the freeway noise. The next morning I discovered that someone (cleaning staff?) had left the window open an inch and that is why the freeway noise was so loud.

So a poor start and a poor experience. I haven't marked it down below 3 stars as, intrinsically, there is nothing wrong with the place. The internet worked fine. There is a basic breakfast included and the bed was comfortable enough. The shower was poor but i think that is because it was a hand shower in the accessible bathroom.

Next time I'll be back at the next door Courtyard if at all possible even though it is slightly pricier. I'll only be checking in here if the Courtyard is full.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank drc225
AmandaParrish, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Thousand Oaks Ventura County, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2010

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Thousand Oaks, CA. You will be happy to know that, as a result of guest feedback like yours, we have implemented some processes at the hotel during busy weekday nights including two staff members to help aid in guest check-in and service requests. In addition, all rooms are inspected to make sure all windows are closed tight so there will be no disturbance throughout the night. I want to apologize for any problems you may have experienced, but we do take your feedback very seriously and will work on improving these issues in the future.

Reviewed 26 October 2010

I stayed in this hotel on 4 business trips of about two weeks from July-Oct 2010. I am planning to stay two more times by the end of 2010

Pros:
- Good for long stay, 13 days or more stay will cost you $89-$99 per night
- The support staff is helpful. I checked in at 2:30AM, 5AM in morning due to flight delays
- Good restaurants nearby (walking distance): AMECI Pizza 805-499-8300, Ali Baba's Cafe - Mediterrian, Seasame Inn (Chinese, 3-4 miles, good food large portions), Sharky - Mexican, There are couple of restaurants in same complex - Japanese, Italian. I tried Japanese, it was good. Other std options are In and Out, Chipotle, Panda express etc.
- Kitchen is good with dishwasher, microwave, std size refrigerator, utensils. You can buy grocery from nearby stores (Vons, Ralphs)
- Gym is good for hotel: Couple treadmills, one elliptical, one cycle, and one std weight machine.

Cons:
- Breakfast is not great. I am not huge fan of hotel breakfast, but still. It does not include any cooked food like eggs, pan cakes etc. They don't provide simple bread-butter (they have some kind of bagel and English muffin). It is okay for couple of days in a week. They provide good variety of cornflakes, 1-2 fruits (banana, apple), Juice, Muffins, Granola bars)
- TV is old. I am not big TV fan. I have 32" HDTV at my home. They have 20-24" std TV in room, but they have HDTV in lobby and gym.
- Hotel cleaning: For one of my stay, they had policy of cleaning room in 3 times a week instead of daily cleaning. They corrected it later.

Bottom line: It is good hotel at decent price for long term stay.

Nearby attractions for weekend trip:
- Camarillo Premium Outlets for shopping - 20-30 mins
- Hearst Castle - California State Park 3 hr drive
- Universal studio (buy annual pass if you are planning to go twice)
- Sea World San Diego is about 3 hr drive
- Disneyland
- San Francisco and Yosemite National Park is about 7 hr drive, but you can do it with some Friends
- Las Vegas is about 5 hr drive
- If you are Museum fan then two Getty Museums are good option.
- Beaches: Santa Monica Pier, Venice beach, Santa Barbara beaches

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank SandeepKale
Reviewed 31 December 2009

We stayed here for a full week over Christmas and were very satisfied. This is a hotel for extended stays. It therefore does not provide daily maid service. During our stay there was a full cleaning including new bed sheets in the middle of our stay plus two refresh cleanings with new towels etc. Each unit has a full kitchen with all necessary utensils. You have a choice of two different types of studios (one of them with a pull-out sofa), One bedroom suites and Two bedroom suites. We had the larger of the studios and found it absolutely sufficient for two people. Our unit was clean and quiet. It overlooked the back parking lot which was always empty during our whole stay. Not much in terms of views but also no disturbances. Housekeeping and check-in personel was friendly, well informed and attentive. After a few days we felt at home and would come back when in the area. Just a few steps down the hill from the hotel are several small restaurants we ate at. All of them are good, especially the Japanese restaurant. A market is only two blocks away as is the cheapest gas station in town.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Buddy-Bear
Mike_Webster24, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Thousand Oaks Ventura County, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2010

This is a great review of our hotel and you covered a lot of bases. It always amazes me at how much a guest learns about the area in such a short time. As you mentioned the local restaurants within walking distance are fantastic and include the Natural Cafe, Holdren's Steak and Seafood, Starbuck's, Chili's Grill and Bar, In-N-Out Burger and much more. Thanks for the great review and for providing helpful information to other potential guests.

Reviewed 24 December 2009

Spent about 3 weeks in this hotel on a business trip. This hotel has nice suites and is very conveniently located within walking distance (yes, in the US) to a shopping mall and a few eateries. Would definitely recommend it to anyone going on a business trip to Thousand Oaks. Price is quite decent, and it is quite value-for-money

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank shahid_khan2k1