“Land of Enchantment!”

Inn and Spa at Loretto
Ranked #19 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I stayed at the Inn and Spa at Loretto for four glorious nights. The staff was friendly and helpful, the location was ideal and the ambiance was relaxing and restful.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank sugrmagStowe_VT

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Had an amazing experience at this inn! Much of Santa Fe's beauty, charm, and history were on full display here. The architecture and decor stood out immediately. The staff was wonderful, friendly, very helpful. Loved the on site restaurant. The dining environment was almost as spectacular as the meal. Also love the location- a short walk to much of the heart of Santa Fe. Luxurious rooms and great views of the city. I highly recommend a stay at the Inn and Spa st Loretto! I plan to return soon.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Shertsion
shuber, General Manager at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Thank you for reviewing the Inn and Spa at Loretto located in Santa Fe, NM. We appreciate your comments regarding our architecture and décor. Did you know our hotel is an architectural recreation of the Taos Pueblo, a national historic landmark? I also must thank you for highlighting our staff. I am pleased that you thought of them as “wonderful, friendly, and helpful.” Please feel free to contact me upon your next visit to Santa Fe; I look forward to your return.

Stefan Huber

Reviewed 16 July 2012

During our 2-night stay at the Inn and Spa at Loretto I often thought how true the adage is, "you get what you pay for." There are less pricey hotels close to the plaza (Garrett's is fine for the price) but I loved everything about the Inn and Spa at Loretto.

I had asked for a higher floor, which I would suggest, got the private patio room with a nice mountain view. Some reviewers have said the rooms are dark, I guess you could say that, but for me it created a quiet and peaceful enclave when we came in from the always vibrant plaza area.

The bed was so comfortable.

The second morning we were there the folks in the next door room had the door to their adjoining patio from their room open and I did hear a little more about their lives (they talked loud) then I would have liked, I missed the usual quiet on my balcony.

The pool is lovely, the lobby bar very handy. And with all the dinner choices in Santa Fe, we chose to eat two dinners at Lumenaria in the hotel because the food was so good, the restaurant so pretty and the prices so reasonable. We ate outside once and inside once. On a nice night, outside would be my preference.

Of course I, like others, would prefer not to have a resort fee or parking fee, but I wanted to stay at the Inn enough that I just got beyond worrying about those fees.

When you stay at a place like this, you are giving yourself a real treat.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bkayak
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Wow, I can't remember staying at a nicer place.

My wife has long wanted to visit Santa Fe and so we recently came for a long weekend. I found the Inn and Spa at Loretto and we decided to check it out.

First, the negatives:

None. Seriously. I can't think of a single negative thing to say about this place or our stay. (How often does that happen!?)

The positives:

-- Absolutely beautiful place; our room had a private balcony with a stunning view.

-- Great restaurant.

-- Loved the spa.

-- Phenomenal staff.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CoolRich59
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I would definitely go back. Staff was beyond friendly and attentive. The facility is showing its age but is still charming. Luminaria, the restaurant was amazing. Spa service was great. Location was walking distance to tons of food/nightlife.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple