“Awesome staff and rockstar front desk manager!”

Inn and Spa at Loretto
Ranked #23 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston
“Awesome staff and rockstar front desk manager!”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Upon arrival to the Inn and Spa hotel we were in awe of the unique architecture and beautiful colors! The lobby is very warm and inviting and the rooms are beautifully decorated. My family and I had reserved 3 rooms and the accommodations were not exactly what we had paid for; however, Josephine, the front desk supervisor, bent over backwards to make up for the unavailability of the room type we were expecting. From always having a happy face, professional demeanor, and a can-do attitude, Josephine was a rockstar employee when it came to making us happy and satisfied. We received the same great customer service from the restaurant personnel and the spa personnel. We ate at the hotel 3 times and the food was consistently great tasting and high quality. This is a great destination hotel and look forward to returning really soon.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the adjacent chapel have the best view.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank AdrianaM-2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 9 April 2012 via mobile

Pulling up to the Inn and Spa At Loretto is quite the experience, with a circular driveway to the front doors, viewing sculptures on the way. Valet was friendly and helpful to direct me where I needed to go. And to Luminaria I went, a beautiful restaurant with professional staff. The tortilla soup is delicious and poured hot at table side, a stand out item on the menu.

From the restaurant to the lobby, which is very spacious with many different places to sit depending on the size of your party, I enjoyed the art and met an artist that was painting near the elevators. Meeting the artist is what Santa Fe is all about. The concierge Jennifer is so knowledgeable and is very helpful, she knew what was going on in Santa Fe. I enjoyed the Inn and will go back again!

Stayed April 2012
4 Thank Robert B
charlotte, nc
Reviewed 8 April 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on a family trip. I was very disappointed to find that the room I booked 4 months ago was not available. The manager did her best to accommodate us, granting free breakfast and parking. It still would have been nice to have that view and the double beds we originally booked. My son ended up on a rollaway. But, this is a beautiful hotel, the restaurant was amazing, great staff, great food, and you're right in the heart of Santa fe.

Stayed April 2012
4 Thank lynnecharl0tte
shuber, General Manager at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Inn and Spa at Loretto in Santa Fe, NM. I am very sorry to hear that the beginning of your stay was not up to par and that your son had to sleep on a rollaway. This is not acceptable and I apologize for any inconveniences that may have occurred due to our mistake. With that said, I appreciate your kind comments regarding our hotel, restaurant, and staff. My team and I take guest reviews very seriously and pride in the facility and services we provide. Thank you again and I hope you consider the Inn for your next Santa Fe visit.

Stefan Huber
CALABASAS
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We run training seminars at the Inn at Loretto, and have done five over the last year. Our attendees, who are business leaders and their spouses, all love this hotel. The food is first rate, and their staff always have the room set up perfectly, and all meals are delivered on time. The classic Santa Fe style is carried out in the architecture, and the conference rooms have color and character. The guest rooms are comfortable, and well appointed. I like that the entire hotel is Santa Fe scale, not too large to feel exclusive and individual. This is just an all-around quality hotel, and we plan to house our guests and run our seminars here for a long time. Erik Berntsen and his crew are as good as any NYC hotel, perhaps better.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank boothstar
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Walking in to the resort, I'm met by the valet with a smile. The concierge knew exactly who I was, and the front desk was so excited to see my puppy and gave him a delicious treat! Each day I was greeted by the staff asking what my plans were, how my dog was, did we have a good walk, how was geocaching (they asked what is was first)...etc.Every person made me feel like I was a good old friend returning home for a visit. I work in the hotel industry as well, and I most appreciate when hotels don't just service and cater to their guests, but they more importantly, genuinely befriend them. And that's exactly how you'll feel when you stay here. Guests are not just a room number, they are friends. The staff takes a genuine interest in each guest. That is what this industry should be, and that truly is EXACTLY what the Inn & Spa at Loretto and their employees are!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo