1,563 results
All reviewsold houseel doradoagave loungefront deskrooftop poolparking garagesteam roombeautiful hotelvalet servicegeorgia o'keefe museumjunior suitehot tubdowntown areahappy hourreturn to santa feart galleriesnew mexico
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

I was here for a recent meeting. The hotel is beautiful and in a great location; you can walk to all the downtown attractions and restaurants. The meeting rooms were comfortable and had all the amenities needed. Be sure and check out the lobby bar, lots of great seating areas, very cool. But be warned - the bar (and downtown Santa Fe, at least during the week) rolls up the carpet by 9 or 10pm!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Bethbridges
Reviewed 31 July 2016

This was my first time staying at The Eldorado but it was worth the change - I would definitely stay there again. First, it is in the heart of the Santa Fe most visitors wish to experience. The Georgia O'Keeffe museum is just around the corner and the major shopping areat and Plaza are within walking distance. This includes the Cathedral and Canyon Road. Second the service is wonderful. Everyone from the doorman to the front desk to the housekeeping staff are friendly and service oriented! The Spa is awesome! The service was impeccable and if you want amazing treatments ask for LeeAnn or Renee! Definitely would consider this if you are visiting Santa Fe!

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room with a balcony facing west - sunsets and thunderstorms!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Charles R
Reviewed 31 July 2016

It's a classy hotel complete with doormen. The room is very spacious, bed is comfortable. Only real complaint was the pool on the room. It's heated and nice, but pretty small.

I recommend parking in the parking garage on the opposite corner. It's $12 max. We kept our car there for 3 days without moving it, and our total was still just $12. The valet at the hotel is $24/day, but you can come/go as you please. So if you don't plan on using your car much (Santa Fe is very walkable), then I would park at the garage and save yourself a lot of money.

3  Thank redningja
Reviewed 27 July 2016

This is a very nice, quaint hotel. We enjoyed the bar, but didn't get a chance to eat in their restaurant. Our room was very clean, the housekeeping staff was very nice, as was the front staff.The room was a little dark and the bed was comfortable. We loved that it was a very easy walk to the square, restaurants and museums. The pool area is very small and there is a jaccuzi. The only complaints I would have is that the walls between the room, must be thin because we were able to hear the ladies next door, talk until 1 am! They did leave the next morning and then a couple with children moved in. That evening we listened to the children running and crying and the parents NOT making them behave. This went on until 2 am. If you have a car and it is parked in their lot, there is a daily fee of $24.00. There is not much parking available around the hotel. You can go in and out as often as you wish, but paying a tip each time your car is brought around to you, did add up. We would stay here again.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

This hotel sounded great in AAA book, 4 stars. The location, near the plaza, very convenient. The staff, for the most part, were very nice and accommodating. The bellmen and garage attendants were great. Our room, which my husband had booked for our anniversary, had a small balcony and nice view of the city. However, the room was as dark as the Carlsbad Caverns we had just visited. Two small bedside lights and a small desk light was all that illuminated the room, and the bathroom lighting was just as dim. Even the lighted makeup mirror was dim. We had been in our room for only a few minutes when my husband ran into the pointed, sharp, exposed wooden bed frame, and cut his leg. The bed frame is a real safety hazard, especially when the room is so dark. His leg bled profusely and I called the front desk to see if there was a close by urgent care facility. The desk clerk said she would print out the information for me. When I got down to the front desk, the clerk who had been very friendly when we checked in, was stone faced as she handed over the printout. A man in a suit I'm assuming was a manager, was also at the desk. He also was stone faced, doing no more than offering bandages, which we already had. I'm sure that my husband was not the first person to injure himself on that sharp bed frame, and the staff has probably been told not to apologize or seem concerned by the hotel's lawyers. We lost one evening's activities while we elevated and iced my husband's leg. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone with small children who could easily injure themselves on the pointed bed frames.

The Old House restaurant in the hotel is billed as a steakhouse, winning many awards. I ordered a steak and was very disappointed. It was tough, not at all what I had expected. My husband's salmon was good.

6  Thank Donna A