“Family Friendly with Fine Flavors ”
Review of Los Potrillos

Los Potrillos
Ranked #50 of 610 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Whenever I find a restaurant that can please my mother's preference for simply seasoned selections and my addiction to adventuresome tasting, I am thrilled. For the servers to be pleasant and attentive is a bonus. This establishment checks both boxes. Mom loved the main stream choices and I found the margaritas and chorizo queso dip to be indulgent. There is adequant parking and the restrooms are clean. When my mother is pleased with these features and likes the food, she is willing to return. I highly recommend this restaurant for families, couples, and groups.

3  Thank femmechaude

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Our food at Los Potrillos was amazing! We kept going back again and again trying different dishes and we couldn't find one that we didn't love. I particularly like the the fish in garlic sauce. I inquired about the sauce and the owner was kind enough to ask the chef who looked at me and said "many things" and just shrugged and grinned. So you just gotta go there!

3  Thank Tanya R
Reviewed 26 March 2018

The most authentic Mexican restaurant we have found since we moved from Brownsville. Now that we cannot just cross the border and eat in Matamoros, Los Potrillos is the most authentic Mexican option. Delicious menudo and all of our favorites for Mexican breakfast.

1  Thank Rufus_K12
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Had late lunch early dinner. Service great with expected Mexican flair & professionalism. Two orders of two different shrimp dishes ...shrimp fajitas & shrimp in garlic sauce. Great flavor..cooked perfectly...served sizzling and very hot. Perfect in every way ...don't expect Tex Mex ...this is authentic Mexican cuisine in every way!!!!

6  Thank Jack H
Reviewed 28 January 2018

We have tried several dishes and all have been quite good but the pecan chicken is amazing!! I am certain the eating in would be a lovely experience, however we have only had take out. We have returned several times and will continue.

8  Thank demenshea