“Better than my granma's breakfast! (don't tell my family)!”
Review of Tecolote Cafe

Tecolote Cafe
Ranked #29 of 583 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 16
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Tecolote Cafe was started in 1980 by Bill and Alice Jennison with a desire to feed guests great meals, affordably, with superior service. Mr. Bill and Alice's recipes have been pleasing palettes for 31 years. In May of 2010, sadly, we lost Mr. Bill after a long and accomplished life. Since August 2010, Katherine Adkins (Bill and Alice's daughter) and her husband Matt Adkins have been doing their best to honor Mr. Bill and Ms. Alice's vision in carrying on the family business. Sadly we also lost Ms.Alice in December of 2012. We offer a varied menu focusing primarily on New Mexican breakfast and lunch cuisine, as well as some American favorites.We bake all of our breads in house as well as our muffins and biscuits contained in our bakery basket. A little known secret to our great burgers? Fresh baked Kaiser rolls to vehicle our superb patties and ingredients. Whether you come for breakfast or lunch, we are sure you will be pleased with our delectable choices and our warm, friendly atmosphere. If you aren't, just let us know so we can make your experience everything you hoped for!Katie and I can't wait to see you on your next visit. So, come on in, and remember, we serve "Great breakfast, No toast!", just for you.
Reviewed 25 April 2012

My husband and I visit Santa Fe every spring. Eating breakfast at Tecolote's is always at the top of our list! Fantastic!

2  Thank jeffandjulie4ever
Owly1, Owner at Tecolote Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

jeffandjulie4ever,

Thank you so much for your continued patronage and review!

We are so glad to hear about everyone of our guests' experiences while dining with us.

We are glad you consider us a mainstay of your visits to Santa Fe!

Thank you again!

KT and Matt!

Reviewed 19 April 2012

I had huevos rancheros which was very good. they only serve breakfast and lunch and seem to have many repeat customers. would definately go back to this place for a good breakfast.

1  Thank DougGroveCity
Owly1, Owner at Tecolote Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

DougGroveCity,

Thank you for your patronage and review!
We love to hear all about our guests' experiences with us.

We're glad you loved your Huevos Rancheros so much!

KT and Matt

Reviewed 13 April 2012

This modest restaurant turns out an excellent breakfast. Services are beyond large. Standard American fare is fine and Northern New Mexico fare is very good. You'll find surprising items on the menu. I had chicken livers with eggs and chile on my first visit. Surprising. The location is poor--on a highway filled with strip malls. But try not to find that off-putting. This is a place locals go for breakfast. I've not tried it for other meals. It's not as expensive as places on or near the Plaza and it's kid-friendly. A good value.

Owly1, Owner at Tecolote Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

JMac020,
Thank you so much for your patronage and review. We love to hear about all of our guests' experiences while they dine with us. It helps us to continue doing what we love to do.

I must say that I am a little confused with the verbiage of your review.

You sing accolades of some of our surprising dishes, our good New Mexican faire, our kid friendliness, and our good value. You also seem to be less than pleased with our location, which is integral to keeping our prices lower than some "downtown" establishments.

I would love to hear more about your experience, solely because your verbiage seems to reflect a different experience than your overall rating score for the review.

Please ask for Katie or Myself the next time you visit us so we can glean more information from a guests' perspective.

Matt Adkins

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Staff was friendly, the basket of breads and muffins was really tasty, but our actual breakfast was meh.

Owly1, Owner at Tecolote Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

COJenny,

Thank you for your patronage and review.

We're so sorry that you didn't enjoy your entrees as much as you enjoyed your server and your Bakery Basket.

It would have been useful for us to know you were less than pleased with your entrees at the time you had received them, in order that we could have helped you find something more palatable or to your tastes. Unfortunately, you did not give us the courtesy of that opportunity.

Hopefully you'll consider giving us another try the next time you visit Santa Fe.

Matt and KT

Reviewed 6 April 2012

My mom and I both had the Santa Fe Burger ordered medium and, it was cooked to perfection. The homeade potatoes really compliment the burger and is a nice change to fries. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu and, the red&green chile are up to local standards. I love the decor and staff. They are prompt without being pushy. They are very aware of the customers needs. As a local, I'm pleased they still have affordable prices. My only complaint is they should be open for dinner. :-)

3  Thank April G
Owly1, Owner at Tecolote Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2012

AprilG466,
Thank you so much for your patronage and your great review!
We're glad you enjoyed your burgers on our fresh baked kaiser roll.
We love to hear about all of our guests' experiences with us!
See you again soon! Dinner may be in the works over the next year or so. We'll keep everyone posted.
Matt and KT