We rented this house for 3 months for $6500.From the minute we entered the property there was trouble. There were so many things wrong that the rental agent told us to stop calling her and to send a written list of all the things that needed fixing. Here are some of the problems:
1. There was a TERRIBLE MOLD SMELL that never went away.
2. The wooden thresholds between the rooms were CRACKED AND SPLINTERED almost causing a gash in my wife's foot.
3. The BED HAD TWO HUGE CAVES where the butts of previous tenants had sunk into the decrepit mattress.
4. The unit had PANS AND UTENSILS THAT WERE USELESS.We spent $100 on pans and knives so we could cook.
5. THE STOVETOP HOOD VENTED RIGHT INTO THE KITCHEN.The house would fill with smoke.There was NOT EVEN A WINDOW in the kitchen.
6. One stove burner and the oven did not work.
7. Both showers were either FULL ON HOT or useless lukewarm.
8. The WIRELESS INTERNET WOULD CRAP OUT AT LEAST TWICE A DAY.There was a card next to the router that said to unplug the unit when this happened so the owner knew about it but wouldn't fix it.
9. The PHONE LINE WAS SO STATIC FILLED IT WAS USELESS.
10. WE LEFT after only 1/2 the time.The owner REFUSED TO GIVE ANY REFUND despite all the problems.We paid $6500 but we offered to accept a $1500 refund.THE OWNER REFUSED.
This property is not what it seems.Do not be fooled by the pictures.What lurks beneath the surface is trouble.The owner's refusal to refund a tiny portion of the three months' rent we paid in advance even though we only stayed three weeks really says it all.Do you want to do business with someone that has that attitude?We vote a big NO on this property.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Check-in / front desk||Service|