“Too Good To Be True?”
Review of Ravens Ridge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Ravens Ridge
Ranked #15 of 37 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 April 2012

It's really hard to believe that any B&B can consistently get a "5" rating by it's patrons, but then you stay there and you know it's actually true!! Phyllis and Judge helped make my first visit to Santa Fe a very memorable one, from the amazing breakfasts and accommodations to the many helpful insights on the city and surrounding area - shopping, hiking, restaurants, attractions, and culture. I stayed in the Starlight Room and was fascinated by the view of the night sky through the skylight. Through the window by the bed I could see the beautiful flowering tree next to it and hear the lovely songbirds in the morning. It was paradise and I felt as if I were coming home each night as I came back from my travels. I loved the fact that it was out in the countryside with very easy access to the city of Santa Fe. I can't wait to return to Raven's Ridge and enjoy the hospitality of my wonderful hosts.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

We were so lucky to have found Raven's Ridge. On our recent trip from New Zealand we stayed
at the best B & B in Santa Fe. You could not find better hosts or a more luxurious hide away.
We stayed in the Casita which is beautifully decorated and spacious with excellent kitchen facilities , great bathroom and an enormous comfortable bed. The breakfast is always delicious and homemade.
This location is quiet and peaceful and I wish we had be able to see the full glory of the garden in summer. Thanks for a great stay. Regards
Catherine and David

Room Tip: for extra space choose the casita - little house
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2012

My wife and I spent countless hours searching for the perfect place to say on our 3 night getaway to Santa Fe. We actually stumbled across Ravens Ridge before we found out they were #1 on Tripadvisor. Once we read the reviews here, we booked our reservation immediately.
I can honestly say that I cant imagine there is a better place to stay in Santa Fe. Phylis and Judge leave no detail overlooked and proved to be the most accommodating hosts you could ever hope for. When we arrived, we were promptly greeted by Phoebe, or "feed-me" as Phylis likes to call her. Our room was perfect (the Starlight) and we were amazed to see that Phylis had put together a detailed Santa Fe map, free parking pass for downtown and a suggested itinerary customized for our stay! It became clear after speaking with them for a short time that they want you to love Santa Fe as much as they do, and their sincere effort will likely make that happen. Truly, look no further...book your stay with Phylis, Judge and Phoebe today! If your schedule allows, I would strongly advise you stay for at least 5 nights. Our 3 night stay was not enough time with all there is to do.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jason W
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Judge and Phyllis are excellent hosts and made us feel totally at home during our stay. They possess loads of knowledge about New Mexican history, culture, and local attractions and do everything they can to ensure that their guests have an enjoyable and informative visit. The rooms are charming and affordable. We stayed in the Garden Room which, while not our first choice, was very comfortable, quiet, and well-appointed and we were very happy with it. Waking each day to the bright desert sun and sound of songbirds was a joy. The Southwest style breakfast was exceptional every morning, and Judge and Phyllis would help us plan our day. Parking spaces downtown close to The Plaza are included which prevent you from having to worry about the well-watched parking meters on the streets. The sky was clear on our last night and Judge set up the telescope and laser pointer and gave us a wonderful astronomy lesson. We saw the phase of Venus and rings of Saturn and lots of constellations while Judge explained in plain terms what we were seeing, how things were moving, and why. We look forward to visiting in the Summer sometime to see the hummingbirds. They've been feeding them at RR for decades and it has become a stop for many species on their migration from South America to the Northwest. Many raise young there and it's not unusual for there to be dozens or even hundreds of hummingbirds on the property at any given time during the Summer months. Judge and Phyllis have genuine passion for what they do. We had a wonderful stay in Santa Fe and made three new friends (counting Feebie).

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We have stayed in many bed and breakfasts over the years and this was in the top 5. We had a wonderful four nights stay at Ravens Ridge with Phylis and Judge. They couldn't have been better hosts or travel guides. Our rooms were clean and very well appointed. We stayed in the Casita and it was so nice to have a living room and kitchen. They have a great setting for a bed and breakfast, close enough to the city but far enough away for a quiet setting with a nice view. They went out of their way to make a breakfast that I could eat and Judge gave us a star show on our last night. I plan on going back when the hummers are there!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple