Motel 6 Santa Fe Plaza-Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Santa Fe Sage Inn(Santa Fe)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Santa Fe(Santa Fe)
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Inn at Vanessie(Santa Fe)
  • Breakfast included
Inn of the Five Graces(Santa Fe)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanwalking distancewifi works greatstrange noisesgreat buyconvenience storeminute walkmini fridgerailroad districtfront officeair conditionerfarmers marketwater pressurefew blockscoffee makerking roomeasy walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 May 2011

Motel 6 is Motel 6--it was clean, we had a king size bed, but the location and value for your money was over the top for Motel 6. I read some negative reviews about the people who worked there (rudeness)--NOT TRUE. I came across several employees and everyone was consistently friendly and helpful. Would highly recommend this place--save your money for the restaurants!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ratch64
Reviewed 15 September 2010

Customer friendlinesss is lacking at this hotel for sure. I arrived at the hotel about 12:30pm and explained that I had a reservation and what time could I check-in. I spoke with Nichole............she said come back at 2:30pm. So, I showed up at 2:30pm and when I walked in, she said "how can I help you today?" when I just was there,,,,,,strange.
I showed her my reservation # and was given room 116, I asked if that room was near the contruction going on......she said yes. I requested another room, she then explained that I would have to wait another hour for a room to be available. So I got the key for 116 and moved my luggage into the room and attempted to close the door.......it would not shut.........so, I went back up to the front desk and told Nichole and got a maintenance man to fix the door. Not knowing how long it was going to be fix the door, I inquired with the cleaning ladies and they said room 112 was avalable.......so I contacted Nichole again and told her that room 112 was available, she then gave me a key for room 115 and the rudely stated "if you want to change rooms again......it wii be a $5.00 fee" What rudeness! I have had a lot of good stays at motel 6------but this desk clerk was apppaling..........motel 6 needs to replace this front desk person or remove its affiliation with this hotel.........I would not recommend staying here at ALL..........pay a little extra and stay at another location....

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank routeusa
Reviewed 3 August 2010

It’s my first Motel 6 experience and given the price and comfort it provided, I think it is good value for money. The room is spacious and clean enough and complete with the basic amenities a traveler needs such as a refrigerator, TV, and bathtub with shower. There is no breakfast but coffee + hot water is available throughout most of the day and night. It is also conveniently located within a walking distance to the historic Santa Fe downtown plaza. The fact that the motel chain sent me a guest satisfaction survey after my stay could suggest that the customers’ feedback and opinions matter. If you prefer an authentic Santa Fe-like accommodation, this is not the right place to stay but if all you need is hassle-free, cheap and reliable accommodation, this could be the place to be.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank Maj77
Reviewed 1 August 2010

Within easy walking distance of the Plaza, this old motel offers a lot for little cost . Rooms are clean though a bit small. A/C units reasonably quiet, parking is squished (but free) and staff is exceptionally nice and accommodating. If you do not require the newest and elegant with beautiful grounds, room service and lots of amenities this is a great value.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
9  Thank MaryRP
Reviewed 24 July 2010

My husband and I chose Motel 6 because we were looking for a budget conscious motel that accepted a dog. However we did not expect "budget conscious" to mean we would have to do our own plumbing repairs and clean raw sewage from the bathroom floor.

Our Reservations at the Motel 6 at 646 Cerrillos Rd in Santa Fe, New Mexico were for 5 nights starting July 19th, 2010. Our toilet overflowed the third morning of our stay at 7:30 am there was water/sewage over the entire bathroom floor. We called the front desk, about 10 minutes later the girl appeared at our door with a plunger and we were told that we were to take care of it ourselves as she was the only one on duty until 9:30 am. My husband is handicapped and in a wheelchair, so I had to wade into the bathroom thru the sewage to plunge the toilet, I then used every towel, hand towel and wash rag and still could not soak up all of the sewage and water. I called the front desk again and this time she brought a hand full of rags, I advised her that was not going to be enough so she went back and got another armload of towels. I used every rag and towel she gave me and there was still a small amount of water behind the toilet that I could not get up. We called her back and told her that the room still smelled of sewage and that we would like to talk with the manger when he arrived.

At about 9:40 am, a maintenance man came into the room and removed all the soaking wet dripping towels by taking them out across the carpet dripping all over as he went. About 10:00 am the manager called our room, he said he understood we had had a problem and that they had helped us out with it and the problem was now solved. I told him I was very unhappy with how they had "helped" us as I did not expect to have to plunge his toilets and clean his rooms. He proceeded to scream at me over the phone and tell me that if I was not happy I needed to come to the office and we could call corporate. I immediately went to the office only to be screamed at again that "NO MOTEL 6 had anyone on staff at night to take care of these things and that they had done all that they could" I tried to explain that I did not feel that as a paying customer I should be expected to plunge toilets and clean up sewage. He proceeded to yell and scream to the point he scared a guest away from the front door and she scurried back to her room. He continued to yell at me even though I kept asking him why he was doing so that all I wanted was some compensation towards the nights room fees for the horrible experience I had had that morning. He proceeded to yell and tell me not only was he not going to give me anything off the room but that he wanted me to get cash and pay him now and leave the hotel immediately, even though we had two nights left on the hotel bill. I became afraid for my and my husbands safety and was happy to see the police officer when he arrived. The office advised the manager that this was all a civil matter and he could not do anything in this matter however he did accompany me to my room while I packed our stuff to leave. He also went back to the office to make sure the manager credited my card for the two nights we had remaining on our reservation which had already been charged to our credit card. He then advised the manager not to bother us while we packed and he told us not to return to the office for anything. He advised me to dispute the charges with my credit card company, which I have, and to contact Motel 6 corporate although he doubted that would help as he said they had been called out there with problems at that hotel before and that it was independently owned. The 911 call to the police, with the maniac hotel manager/owner screaming in the background at me while the caller was trying to get the police to come out is just frightening. Through the "Freedom of Information Act" I am requesting a copy of this recording, I have already filled out the paperwork I downloaded online.

THIS STAY AT THE MOTEL 6 IN SANTA FE WAS THE WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE IN MY LIFE.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple